Springfield @ Munford 2nd Round Playoffs

Kevin38

11 minutes ago, LEON said:

Maybe not 74 but 77 that was I believe the year was MJ moved to highest classification and was a tough team , Howell Flatt had some great teams but unfortunately that was only one team per district went to playoffs and it was predominantly Gallatin except for 1981 when Springfield won it . Howell Flatt was on the staff at Springfield in 1972 the first year after the Boyce Smith era  and also one Coach Smith’s star players was on the staff at MJ during those powerhouse years during late 70’s and 80’s . History Class is dismissed.

Wish we could’ve brought a gold ball home. 

10 hours ago, NoPuntIntended said:

Don't know much about Springfield, but i saw their roster and they seem to be very undersize for a 5A team. What makes Springfields defense so good? Springfield fans think this will be a game? Thinking about making the trip to see this matchup

Some would say that the Jackets are small in the areas that can be measured (height and weight) but HUGE in the areas that can't be measured (heart and desire).  What I just wrote summarizes Joe Woodward.  He patrols the field from sideline to sideline and at the end of the night he will be in on 10 tackles. 

@brian2000 @BruiseBrother98 @JacketLover @LEON @ilovethegame

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

Some would say that the Jackets are small in the areas that can be measured (height and weight) but HUGE in the areas that can't be measured (heart and desire).  What I just wrote summarizes Joe Woodward.  He patrols the field from sideline to sideline and at the end of the night he will be in on 10 tackles. 

@brian2000 @BruiseBrother98 @JacketLover @LEON @ilovethegame

Lol when you talk about the kid it seriously comes across as a love poem. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Lol when you talk about the kid it seriously comes across as a love poem. 

He really is a great defensive player, in on almost every play it seems, reminds me of a guy I played ball with, he was #47, I bet some of the Springfield posters can guess who that was!

Edited by Kevin38

Just now, Kevin38 said:

He really is a great defensive player, in on almost every play it seems, reminds me of a guy I played ball with, he was #47, I bet some of the Springfield players can guess who that was!

Lol I get that but I saw an opportunity and went for it.. I’m sure we could use a LB like that. Our defense is not our strong point. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Lol I get that but I saw an opportunity and went for it.. I’m sure we could use a LB like that. Our defense is not our strong point. 

Oh nah, I feel you on that, I just think a lot of us Springfield posters are proud of that kid, he really epitomizes the kind of kids that come through Springfield, never lots of size, our kids dont get a lot of college offers in general, mainly because they just dont have the measurables that scouts find so important. However, they really are good ball players and regularily beat teams that do have coveted players with college offers, sometimes mulitple such players...

• Upvote 2

I think Springfield wins until they play someone that plays physical and runs at them. I felt like Beech exposed them a little when they played. I’m not saying Springfield is going to Chattanooga, but I don’t think they will run into another rushing attack like Beech on the west side of the 5A bracket. I say all of that to say… I like Springfield this week. I don’t think Munford is that physical and Springfield will actually be the more physical team. 

1 minute ago, eers said:

I think Springfield wins until they play someone that plays physical and runs at them. I felt like Beech exposed them a little when they played. I’m not saying Springfield is going to Chattanooga, but I don’t think they will run into another rushing attack like Beech on the west side of the 5A bracket. I say all of that to say… I like Springfield this week. I don’t think Munford is that physical and Springfield will actually be the more physical team. 

Big Red was pretty stout on the rush too.  #0 running off left tackle behind that 325 lb OL can wear a D down too