Springfield @ Munford 2nd Round Playoffs

Kevin38

9 minutes ago, LEON said:

Worst I have ever seen, glad our kids kept their composure. Jackets defense,  can’t say enough on how well they played. Biggest surprise after the game actual handshake line was without any incident after the in game lack of composure by Munford. Best thing about Munford they gave us Johnny Jones for the Vols , whose run to the house with less than 2:48 in the game  put a dagger in Bama on the third Saturday in October in Birmingham 1983. Alan Cockrell caught Bama in a blitz and ran beauitful option to Jones . Well great game Jackets .

I loved to watch Johnny Jones run.  Did their Mr Football candidate not play tonight or did he get hurt early?

Now I need to know the real truth. On a post that some of the Munford fans made on Facebook saying just the opposite. That Springfield was dirty and trying to injure several of their players. Also that the refs weren't doing anything about it.  One of the exact quotes <("Our Cougars lost tonight to a team that played pretty dirty, and officials that needed glasses. We didn’t play our best, but we aren’t used to getting kicked, getting helmets yanked off, or getting collars pulled for tackles. Officials should be protecting the kids, and they sucked at that") ..So who's telling the truth.  We need answers LOL

3 minutes ago, FOOTBALLROCKYTOP said:

Now I need to know the real truth. On a post that some of the Munford fans made on Facebook saying just the opposite. That Springfield was dirty and trying to injure several of their players. Also that the refs weren't doing anything about it.  One of the exact quotes <("Our Cougars lost tonight to a team that played pretty dirty, and officials that needed glasses. We didn’t play our best, but we aren’t used to getting kicked, getting helmets yanked off, or getting collars pulled for tackles. Officials should be protecting the kids, and they sucked at that") ..So who's telling the truth.  We need answers LOL

You be the judge...

• Like 1

Those little Yellow Jackets took control and when Munford got it to 24-13 the defense took over, got the ball back, and our offense went right them pounding Crenshaw over and over and broke their will. The only thing that would’ve made this sweeter would be if the Jackets could’ve got it to 31-0 and got a running clock. Munford’s QB might’ve kicked an official then and Springfield would’ve gotten flagged for it. 

Nice facility but horrible officiating. The TSSAA needs to look closely at the film and this crew, especially the side judge on the Munford sideline. 

I was a little puzzled why Coach Wilson didn’t choose to go into the wind in the third quarter so we would have it at our backs in the fourth. Munford had the second half choice to receive so we would’ve had choice of which way to kick. 

Edited by JacketLover

6 hours ago, FOOTBALLROCKYTOP said:

What’s the name of this Facebook page? I’d like to look at some of the comments. 

Someone sounds clueless and butthurt

Like it’s been stated before see for yourself via social dweebs on YouTube. No editing it’s the same livestream that went on during the game. I find it comical Munford fans specifically mentioned getting kicked helmets ripped off and getting collars pulled……whatever. After watching the film again 5, 6, 9, and 11 for Munford all took swings at some point to the opposing players. Some in front of the officials and coaches who did nothing. Oh well Springfield pounds them and moves on to the quarters.

7 minutes ago, DbCooper said:

Like it’s been stated before see for yourself via social dweebs on YouTube. No editing it’s the same livestream that went on during the game. I find it comical Munford fans specifically mentioned getting kicked helmets ripped off and getting collars pulled……whatever. After watching the film again 5, 6, 9, and 11 for Munford all took swings at some point to the opposing players. Some in front of the officials and coaches who did nothing. Oh well Springfield pounds them and moves on to the quarters.

Our players are so little though, so when they threw punches they went over our heads.  The “little Jackets” is the new name for our D.  Munford is the dirtiest team I have seen in a while

Edited by TheCommissioner
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2