Cland hosts Oz round 2

THE KING

On 11/16/2022 at 9:37 AM, orngnblk said:

Yep and seven out of 10 years there's only four teams going to make it and they'll be the same teams year in and year out.

8 per region is what it should be across the board with the top half getting to playoffs. I mean really, what business did either of us have being in round 1 this year? I’m no bracketologist but was there a competitive 4vs1 game in round 1? I’m sure there was somewhere but I’m betting it’s extremely rare. Most are blow outs. I think 8 teams is far better than a 4 or 5 team region any day. 

9 hours ago, crow said:

Ok so I went and looked. In all of 1A and 2A. No 4’s beat a 1 and the only competitive games in round 1 with a 4vs1 was oakdale /Cloudland 28-38 and cascade/Lewis co. 24-32. All others were 4+ TD losses for the 4 seed with most mercy rule games. 

Is it unreasonable to take the top 2 from each region by class? If my math is correct that’s 96 teams 1A-6A. These first round games are a joke. 

6 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Is it unreasonable to take the top 2 from each region by class? If my math is correct that’s 96 teams 1A-6A. These first round games are a joke. 

Why is it unreasonable?  I think it's more reasonable to cut the field in half. The playoffs are water down as it is.  You use to have to be good to make playoffs when they was only 3 classifications and only 2 out of every region made it (plus the privates we're in the mix).

Edited by rtl112

1 hour ago, rtl112 said:

Why is it unreasonable?  I think it's more reasonable to cut the field in half. The playoffs are water down as it is.  You use to have to be good to make playoffs when they was only 3 classifications and only 2 out of every region made it (plus the privates we're in the mix).

Yes and I agree.

It will never be that way again.MONEY!

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, crow said:

8 per region is what it should be across the board with the top half getting to playoffs. I mean really, what business did either of us have being in round 1 this year? I’m no bracketologist but was there a competitive 4vs1 game in round 1? I’m sure there was somewhere but I’m betting it’s extremely rare. Most are blow outs. I think 8 teams is far better than a 4 or 5 team region any day. 

You nailed it wasted alot of money in first round blow outs!

34 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

You nailed it wasted alot of money in first round blow outs!

Only low seated team I've ever seen win it was Livingston academy, most 4 seeds are going no where but it give the seniors one more game for all their dedication and commitment, not sure who it hurts and the big boys still gets the prizes.  TSSAA likes money and they rob everyone when the playoffs start, still its OK for these kids to have ONE more game.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

TSSAA cut is 50% during the playoffs.  The highest in the country, next highest is Florida at 27%.  They were discussing that on the scoreboard show the other night.  TSSAA does have to pay the refs during the playoffs to their defense 

It’s all about money in the playoffs for the Athletic Associations. Example NC has 67 1a schools. Their playoff is 64 team bracket in the playoffs. Some schools decline and you get a few 1st round byes. They seed by the Max  Preps  rankings for playoffs for the 4 classes.

https://www.unapproved website.com/nc/football/22-23/division/class-1a/rankings/1/?statedivisionid=92394adf-2ea2-4b53-8fcc-85464b8d3640

https://www.nchsaa.org/brackets/2022-11/2022-nchsaa-football-championships-1a

Edited by Appvol

3 hours ago, rtl112 said:

You guys won the state in that era, to me that is more impressive than winning in todays 

Yes sir!Also beat a 9-2 3A Heritage team in the Jamboree when they actually played real football for 1 quarter.They won their region that year (Maryville was in that region) lost by 1 point to Oakridge in the first round.We went 15-0 our Defense was unbelievable that year.We had over 20 sacks!