Cland hosts Oz round 2

THE KING

48 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Yes sir!Also beat a 9-2 3A Heritage team in the Jamboree when they actually played real football for 1 quarter.They won their region that year (Maryville was in that region) lost by 1 point to Oakridge in the first round.We went 15-0 our Defense was unbelievable that year.We had over 20 sacks!

The Cherokees would've made the playoffs in any classification that year.  You all were just so dominant up front.  I don't know if it was the best Greenback team ever but you all definitely had the best line ever. I'd have to say Greenback had their fastest player ever that year in the McDaniels kid. Correct me if I'm wrong

9 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

The Cherokees would've made the playoffs in any classification that year.  You all were just so dominant up front.  I don't know if it was the best Greenback team ever but you all definitely had the best line ever. I'd have to say Greenback had their fastest player ever that year in the McDaniels kid. Correct me if I'm wrong

Nope you are correct.Nobody could catch that kid.Too bad he was a Sr as a Sophmore.Kid had a rough life growing up.Only got to play football for two years or he would have gotten to play on Saturday's at a high level.Best total athlete I have ever seen at GB.I honestly think that 87 team was the best not because o played on it but the competition we played was just plain better and we dominated each week.Gordy was outstanding that year and we let them score on the very first play on a D miscue but they couldnt do anything after that.That GB team gets over looked by alot of folks but I would put them up against any of the other 1A teams that have won gold in that era The O and D lines were just huge fast and hard to handle.

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Yes sir!Also beat a 9-2 3A Heritage team in the Jamboree when they actually played real football for 1 quarter.They won their region that year (Maryville was in that region) lost by 1 point to Oakridge in the first round.We went 15-0 our Defense was unbelievable that year.We had over 20 sacks!

That’s the era Oneida won it all then a couple years later went to semifinals in 2A. Making the playoffs meant something then and a gold ball was huge. It’s still a major accomplishment and we’re no where near good enough to get it done now obviously but that doesn’t mean I’m for the current model. 

37 minutes ago, crow said:

That’s the era Oneida won it all then a couple years later went to semifinals in 2A. Making the playoffs meant something then and a gold ball was huge. It’s still a major accomplishment and we’re no where near good enough to get it done now obviously but that doesn’t mean I’m for the current model. 

No,when a team like mine and yours make the playoffs in such inferior coaching it's better to just take us off the ventilator!I understand it's another game for the kids and I'm all for it but do like we did in the 80's play a Bowl game with an equal team and let them have fun instead of traveling 3 hours to get a beating.

9 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

No,when a team like mine and yours make the playoffs in such inferior coaching it's better to just take us off the ventilator!I understand it's another game for the kids and I'm all for it but do like we did in the 80's play a Bowl game with an equal team and let them have fun instead of traveling 3 hours to get a beating.

Yeah that makes more sense.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

I agree. If a team wants a participate trophy then that’s fine, just don’t call it the same thing as the ones who actually earned a playoff appearance. It doesn’t help a bottom feeder and it does detract from the actual accomplishments of good teams that are actually among the better teams in the state.