Rd 2 Unaka @ Coalfield

rtl112

1 hour ago, rtl112 said:

How many yards rushing did you have on us last year?  I'd have to say I thought Gordonsville's line was pretty impressive along with your all's last year.  We couldn't even hardly move the ball on Gordonsville last year. They shut us out, we were in the RedZone two or three times on them and came up empty.  I just thought they would've gave the pirates a game if not upset them.  I not discrediting Cloudland's line for they were good and one of best in the east. 

It was over 300 and that was even with little Henry causing us chaos.  Love that kid. He's a little terror

13 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

King you nailed it. . It all begins in youth football. I remember playing at 6 in “grasscutters” then “peewee” and “midgets”. . None of this PC Correct flag football nonsense back then. Cloudland has built a solid program for 20yrs by having the kids starting early. Now days parents start with “soccer”. Because they’re afraid little Johnny is going to get “hurt”. Such pathetic BS. I played my brother played. All the kids in the Community Played. Not a single one suffering from “CTE”. . And we’re healthy as the rest of the neighbors. Not saying that someone who plays College and a Long Pro Career can’t have issues. My point is Cloudland has stayed ultra competitive for so many years because the kids start learning and loving football at an early age. There’s really no other explanation for their dominance considering they have the 2nd smallest school in 1A that can actually field a team. It’s a compliment to the parents, kids, and their community. I’m always impressed with the team Cloudland fields year in and year out. 

They have the perfect offense for their location too. I don’t think a modern day spread offense would work as well as what they do up there

51 minutes ago, tbone82 said:

They have the perfect offense for their location too. I don’t think a modern day spread offense would work as well as what they do up there

Biggest reason is we're short on athletes but never linemen.   If you can find some angry big boys with a work ethic, you can win in football 

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I was surprised Unaka beat Greenback.  But more surprised I guess in that was their first playoff win ever? 

Unaka is normally very very bad but this happened to be a rare good group.  They will go back to being bad next year.  In the early 90s,  Unaka was actually a physical power run team.  I remember the McCloud twins, Jamie turner, Michael burrow, and Jason buckles.   Tough group of players I played against