Lake County vs MASE (Rd 2)

TipToe421

Also fun facts:

The demographics of Lincoln county, TN is 86.1% white and 6.1% black as of 2021. You want to put them all in the same high school and you get about what I predicted by math in the post above. The City high school is a lot more diverse than both the County (geographic) and County (school). 

Tell me again how City high school is segregating the community.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jtm52k said:

@IPOPU2022 you seem like a pretty cool dude but you were also posting about the "segregation" in a couple different areas. Read above

I gotcha brother. I guess my whole point is the kids being together. Black, white, asian, hispanic etc. Yes i agree that City is closer to the state average but is it really a good idea for the County school to have 1% and the City 38%. I just feel like we’re going backwards instead of forward on ethnic diversity. Particularly black vs white. We had that back 40+yrs ago. 

37 minutes ago, jtm52k said:

as of 2018-2019 school year, Fayetteville High School was 31% black and 54% white, with enrollment at 364. Lincoln County was 1% black and 89% white with enrollment at 1134. If you do the math, combining the schools would give you an enrollment of 1498, with 8% black and almost 81% white. 

the state average for schools is 22% black and 60% white, which still aren't great numbers. 

that being said, the City high school has a demographic closer to state average (better than state average, I'd argue) than the County school, and combining them would have a minimal effect.

unrelated to your post, but someone somewhere was arguing the student to teacher ratio was worse at City than County....for the record, the same school year (18-19), the ratio was 15:1 (state average) at City and 17:1 at County (worse than average).

Stats can be misleading because each of us from this area know that city % of African American students is far greater than white students at that school. What the school list each students race as for testing/money purposes could be what's causing those numbers to look like that because the white kids are by far the minority at City. Now if they were combined as it used to be well of course the white to African American ratio would look drastically different I mean based off the county as a whole there are more whites than African American. 

My biggest issue with it all has nothing to do sports related it comes back to why did people fight so hard for rights for children to all be under the same roof no matter color for it all to go back to the old way and yes I understand it isn't remotely that bad but its the principle behind it. Besides just jobs its part of the reason people move off and never come back they say how much bigger the world is and they get around diversity after having it shunned the whole time growing up 

• CoachT locked this topic