TSSAA regions published on site

smalltownfb

8 hours ago, crow said:

I was referring to the York poster and the mud bowl game. Yeah it happens from time to time when contracts are renewed. I’m guessing y’all already had all the road games filled. We need a home now. I know one thing the region is what it is but the OOR he’s putting together reminds me a what country preachers call a suitcase sermon :roflol:

What does that mean?

Edited by TSSAAfootball

9 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Suitcase

There’s a saying among old country pastors that if you preach a certain type of sermon to your congregation, particularly the type outlining their transgression, that you best have your suitcase packed, hence a suitcase sermon. Seeing that at certain times in history pastors often lived in a house owned by the church or even in the church itself, if you were fired by the congregation you’d soon be moving. Sort of like how sometimes a coach that knows, or thinks he might be, leaving soon will sometimes stack a schedule on their way out. Not saying May is, just making a joke (maybe) :lol:

7 minutes ago, crow said:

There’s a saying among old country pastors that if you preach a certain type of sermon to your congregation, particularly the type outlining their transgression, that you best have your suitcase packed, hence a suitcase sermon. Seeing that at certain times in history pastors often lived in a house owned by the church or even in the church itself, if you were fired by the congregation you’d soon be moving. Sort of like how sometimes a coach that knows, or thinks he might be, leaving soon will sometimes stack a schedule on their way out. Not saying May is, just making a joke (maybe) :lol:

I can't tell if it's a hard schedule or not. Rockwood and Coalfield lose so much, I just don't know about them. And Eagleton, are they going to be for real? Are we talking about a contender for Region 1 right out of the gate? And will Greenback be better? Cause they were awful this year. 3 Single A schools and an academy school in their first year with no seniors. I can't tell if it's tough or easy. Not 1 bigger school yet. Which surprises me a little. Maybe that last team scheduled will be a 3A or 4A. 

18 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I can't tell if it's a hard schedule or not. Rockwood and Coalfield lose so much, I just don't know about them. And Eagleton, are they going to be for real? Are we talking about a contender for Region 1 right out of the gate? And will Greenback be better? Cause they were awful this year. 3 Single A schools and an academy school in their first year with no seniors. I can't tell if it's tough or easy. Not 1 bigger school yet. Which surprises me a little. Maybe that last team scheduled will be a 3A or 4A. 

You mean you disagree with me?!?!?! I’m shocked!:shock: :roflol:

In all honesty yes I think eagleton could very well contend for region 1 out of the gate if the reports I get about them are accurate and I believe they are. Coalfield, in my opinion, could easily be better next year, we will see but their backup QB is has a higher ceiling IMO than their current one and their current is a very good one, Rockwood will likely contend for that region also I believe. Greenback could be a very good team depending on their coaching situation. Let’s be honest, we’re not likely to be world beaters either. Those 3 OOR teams have been very tough not only for us the last 6-8 years but have also been very relevant at the quad and/or state level. Even if they’re not title contenders they will still be very tough teams for us. 

1 hour ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Cf loses some good player but return some good young players.  Alot of good sophomores and freshmen are on this squad and contributing.  Like Crow said in his comment, I believe the Treece boys could definitely be better than the Hines kid at Qb and Hines has been a good one for us.  

Edited by rtl112

11 hours ago, crow said:

You mean you disagree with me?!?!?! I’m shocked!:shock: :roflol:

No honestly on paper I agree with you but what I'm wondering is if it will actually turn out that way. I think atleast next year, Oneida is catching CF and RW in a rebuilding year. If Luke is better than Cole, than that will certainly help CF rebuild quickly. He's not the fast runner like Cole but has a cannon for an arm. To me Cole was the best QB Oneida played all year by far. 

Edited by TSSAAfootball

1 hour ago, TSSAAfootball said:

No honestly on paper I agree with you but what I'm wondering is if it will actually turn out that way. I think atleast next year, Oneida is catching CF and RW in a rebuilding year. If Luke is better than Cole, than that will certainly help CF rebuild quickly. He's not the fast runner like Cole but has a cannon for an arm. To me Cole was the best QB Oneida played all year by far. 

Next year the QB from Eagleton will be the best they will and HAVE seen!Clemmer is outstanding!

14 hours ago, crow said:

In all honesty yes I think eagleton could very well contend for region 1 out of the gate if the reports I get about them are accurate and I believe they are. Coalfield, in my opinion, could easily be better next year, we will see but their backup QB is has a higher ceiling IMO than their current one and their current is a very good one, Rockwood will likely contend for that region also I believe. Greenback could be a very good team depending on their coaching situation. Let’s be honest, we’re not likely to be world beaters either. Those 3 OOR teams have been very tough not only for us the last 6-8 years but have also been very relevant at the quad and/or state level. Even if they’re not title contenders they will still be very tough teams for us. 

I actually like the schedule, none title contenders unless the new sports academy is for real, hard to see with only 3 classes. Its still a schedule where you should be tested nearly every week.