3rd RD (10-2) Springfield @ (10-2) Henry Co.

brian2000

On 11/16/2022 at 11:02 AM, brian2000 said:

The Jackets gave up 2 tds in regulation in first game. Had a backup get burnt overtop in HC territory. Everyone is healthy. The offense we saw in that 2nd half...I like the Jackets chances. It’s do or die. In this caliber of game the team with the least mistakes will win.

Springfield made the most, costly, mistakes again and it cost them again. Tough. Coaches also went away from what was working on offense....I will never understand. Congrats to Henry!

• Thanks 1

Just now, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Page is good, but I’d say I’ll favor y’all. Page is well balanced. It should be a great game. Hopefully you have a QB that can chuck it, that’s where we exposed them. They completely shut our run game down tho

Our QB can definitely spin it. I’m looking forward to the matchup. It was a track meet last year. Sounds like defense will play a much bigger role this year. 

2 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

Springfield made the most, costly, mistakes again and it cost them again. Tough. Coaches also went away from what was working on offense....I will never understand. Congrats to Henry!

I noticed they changed from a short game to the longer passes. They were killing HC with the short passes.

1st off, congrats to HC, they kept their composure, came back and got the lead and held on for dear life in the 2nd half. I knew it was going to be another heart wrenching game and that is exactly what it was. I wanted a home semifinal game in Springfield so bad, this one hurts, but I really feel for those kids more than anything. HC take care of Page and go get that gold ball, I dont care who comes from the east...

I am very proud of the Yellow Jackets on yet another great season and a deep run in the playoffs. You definitely did not give it away, you fought with everything you had. Devon had one of his better games imo, even though he didnt see WRs running wide open in the middle of the field on a  few occasions in the 2nd half, the chances were there, but we didnt capitolize. I dont want to harp on him though, he played great, anyway on next season and a whole new adventure...

Edited by Kevin38

1 minute ago, Kevin38 said:

1st off, congrats to HC, they kept their composure, came back and got the lead and held on for dear life in the 2nd half. I knew it was going to be another heart wrenching game and that is exactly what it was. I wanted a home semifinal game in Springfield so bad, this one hurts, but I really feel for those kids more than anything. HC take care of Page and go get that gold ball, I dont care who comes from the east...

I am very proud of the Yellow Jackets on yet another great season and a deep run in the playoffs. You definitely did not give it away, you fought with everything you had. Devon had one of his better games imo, even though he didnt see WRs running wide open in the middle of the field on a  few occasions in the 2nd half, the chances were there, but we didnt capitolize. I dont want to harp on him they, he played great, anyway on next season and a whole new adventure...

I know I was critical at times but over it was Very good season for the jackets, they should be proud.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SEC1rules said:

It was #2 and #88 from HC. Classy gesture by those boys. 

After playing 4 times in the last couple seasons you can see the mutual respect between these players, they know they are going to get the absolute best from each other. I am going to miss seeing #45 play for sure, put him in a 210 lb body and he is play on Saturdays for a power 5 next season...

Great Game HC.  I'm hoping the fans will get back into it. Roll Red Roll came out a few times tonight, but only about 1/3 of the crowd got into it. This will really get the team motivated if we could get that mood back from 2011 and 2013. It was missing in 2018 and it showed. Roll Red Roll on offense and D- FENSE on defense were the most motivating chants in those days and man did it work. Great job coaches and great job players. ROLL RED ROLL!