East Robertson vs Tyner Playoffs Round 3

Warrior11

4 minutes ago, Doug said:

I've told you on more than one occasion that i wish  the players on the team this year  had your passion for the game. 

I wish a lot of folks around our program had that type of passion for winning. I’m afraid westmoreland has fell into just being builders of character and not really focusing on winning. They go hand and hand but one can be there without the other. I really feel our players had a lot of passion for winning. It showed up in all the close games last season when they could’ve folded early. That drive pushed them to win this season. I honestly feel it was an X and O problem more than player passion problem. You don’t play tough defense like we have without passion. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

How much film have you watched on our team this season? I’ve watched every game at least 10 times in slow motion. I know I know I don’t know what I’m doing I’m just a fan. Well, I played for westmoreland in highschool from 1992-95 and started every game from my 5th game of my freshman year at offensive guard and linebacker. Started both years in junior high at those positions. I weighed 145 pounds my senior year and was the regional defensive mvp. Also coached several undefeated junior pro teams up here for what that’s worth. Not bragging just want you to know I have played a tad bit of football on a wingt team. The blocking is much much different than spread offense. Lots of cut blocks and trap blocks. I also know I may have more eagle pride than anyone left up here now. I’ve had 2 sons play on the team and numerous cousins and an uncle. I’ve watched a lot of eagle football and played it to. I have a lot of opinions on what needs to change up here just not sure if a lot of folks could stomach it! LOL  by the way, my youngest son was the starting center #64 for the  last 3 years. He started d tackle also this season. My oldest son graduated in 2014 one of the last really good teams up here. He was the starting center #64 on that line. I was #64 during the years I mentioned. Go back and watch those films if you want to. 

Ha, so you blocked for a dude named Cliff Brown (if I remember correctly), great player, whatever happened with him?

55 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

Ha, so you blocked for a dude named Cliff Brown (if I remember correctly), great player, whatever happened with him?

I blocked for him. 2 time Mr football offensive back 94, 95. He passed away early this year unfortunately. Had the lineman Mr. football on that 95 team also. Cory Dobbs.  Also blocked for a great player in 1993 named Scotty Madison and a guy named Chad Duggin. Duggin passed away a few years ago also. We had some great players on those teams those 3 years. Undefeated regular season in 1993 and lost to state champs sweetwater in OT in playoffs. Beat the 1 a state champs Trousdale co. Clint brown was only a sophomore that season. The 94 and 95 season the only loss was to Portland the 3a runner up in 94 and the 3a semi finalist in 95. 95 team beat the 2a state champs goodpasture in regular season and lost to the runner up Meigs co in the playoffs so we played some pretty good ball teams 

Edited by Mr. Postman1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/13/2022 at 7:48 PM, Mr. Postman1 said:

I will agree with you on this! Our offense in my honest opinion is outdated. I really feel we need to start running a spread type Offense like tyner. It’s hard to cover all those receivers even if they aren’t the greatest athletes like tyner has. It also opens the run up because the defensive coordinator has to add more d backs 

I'm with you, I hate the wing t 

10 minutes ago, Vol3450 said:

Yup...this is the part that no one wants to talk about from the other side. Makes it seem bleak when you get that Tyner could've been up 21-0 over Alcoa in the first half.

The Gold Ball is Tyner’s to take home. But that’s why we play the games. They’re a 2 score favorite from here on out. 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 7:48 PM, Mr. Postman1 said:

I will agree with you on this! Our offense in my honest opinion is outdated. I really feel we need to start running a spread type Offense like tyner. It’s hard to cover all those receivers even if they aren’t the greatest athletes like tyner has. It also opens the run up because the defensive coordinator has to add more d backs 

18 hours ago, Director said:

Postman, 

You are where you are because of that offense. Why would you even consider a change in a program that has had tremendous success doing what they do and that is WIN!!!

I will say this, those coaches are head and shoulders above most in this state.

They are winners. 

There’s a reason teams run the offenses they do. The spread works will if you have the kids to do it on a consistent basis. The problem is you do have to have athletes. I can tell you from coaching against it and watching it several times, without having athletes it’s not hard to defend. You can have all the guys in routes that you want, but if they’re not athletic enough to get separation, it doesn’t matter. If the QB can’t hit them, same thing. Pass blocking… same thing. It takes different kids to be able to do it. No disrespect, but Westmoreland typically doesn’t have that kid or at least to the level to run that offense and make a deep run. They win by being methodical and consistent. 

• Upvote 1