Quarter finals Blackman@Oakland

ttitan27

15 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Blackman has the speed, strength, talent to beat/compete with Oakland. Oakland has a great coaching staff, but I would also argue that Blackman staff is doing a great job as well. Most folks talk about trenches as the key to the battle.  If that is truly the case then its not strength, size or speed, but rather about one persons will . Confidence goes along way. If you think you can or think you can't then so goes it... 

All that you have stated I agree with, but Tygard needs to get away from the "onside" kicks and begin thinking field position football.  The Blackman roster is much  more talented overall than Oakland's.  Make them play from behind.

5 minutes ago, Augustus said:

All that you have stated I agree with, but Tygard needs to get away from the "onside" kicks and begin thinking field position football.  The Blackman roster is much  more talented overall than Oakland's.  Make them play from behind.

I think for this Oakland game he will have to mix it up, but be cognoscente that they are fast coming out of the backfield and kicking out of bounds and giving them the 35 is not a bad option. 

40 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I think for this Oakland game he will have to mix it up, but be cognoscente that they are fast coming out of the backfield and kicking out of bounds and giving them the 35 is not a bad option. 

Need to juice the Russell kid's leg for touchback every time (like kick it to Dejarnette going North and over the concession stand going south). I expect this game to be closer than the first. The dogfight last week may have been the best thing for this Blackman team. They showed some "don't quit" they will need Friday.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Need to juice the Russell kid's leg for touchback every time (like kick it to Dejarnette going North and over the concession stand going south). I expect this game to be closer than the first. The dogfight last week may have been the best thing for this Blackman team. They showed some "don't quit" they will need Friday.

yes sir!!!!!!

1 hour ago, CougarDadx2 said:

According to what stats I could find online, the Blackman kicker only has one touchback all season long.  In the first game the onside kicks all worked out well for Oakland in the end.  I believe Blackman did recover one of those but then went 3 and out or a very short drive.  No points were given.  Big advantage Oakland in the kicking game.  I also think this game may possibly be closer but who the heck knows.  I do know that Oakland will come and do what Oakland does. Relentless run game, hard hitting, fast aggressive defense.  Lots of qb pressures dialed up which really worked out well the first time.  I would expect to see the Marshall kid play qb for some snaps this week as well.

2 minutes ago, arshad221 said:

Go look at the schedule his team played it’s a joke Lmaoo!! Dude trolls all season and his team gets bounced early every season.

Oh I know. He’s the worst. they go from an overrated 5A program to a middle of the road, no shot at ever winning anything meaningful, 6A program this off-season though. 

Another challenge for Oakland to beat a team twice in the same year. The offense is pretty good and defense has really stepped up since the loss.  Blackman has had equal or better teams in the last 5 years and have struggled in big games.  Thats a plus for Oakland and the seniors who have played in alot of big games.  Until Blackman puts some of their best players on defense it will be tough for them.  Go Patriots!!

6 hours ago, TOM4000Patriots said:

Another challenge for Oakland to beat a team twice in the same year. The offense is pretty good and defense has really stepped up since the loss.  Blackman has had equal or better teams in the last 5 years and have struggled in big games.  Thats a plus for Oakland and the seniors who have played in a lot of big games.  Until Blackman puts some of their best players on defense it will be tough for them.  Go Patriots!!

Ironically Ben Marshall Tight End, Justin Brown, Elijah Pitts, and Jacob Page... offensive stand outs are also playing defense.... 

True. Elijah hold an offer from EKU as a DB. Georgia wanted Justin as a Safety. I think that's where he'll play wherever he goes. Jacob played both ways at Ensworth and just picked up offers from Liberty and Virginia Tech this past week. Not sure where they want him to play though. This roster is stacked! Gonna come down to coaching.