Quarter finals Blackman@Oakland

ttitan27

Blackman has had a very good season sitting at 10-2 and will take the bus ride across town to 11-1 Oakland.  These two teams met up at Blackman on Sept. 30th with Oakland winning 53-18.  To me it seems that Oakland will do the same again.  Blackman defense hasn't shown enough improvement to stop Oakland and I would say the Oakland defense has definitely improved greatly.  In Oaklands last 5 games they have given up a combined 20 pts.    No offensive touchdowns have been scored against the Pats in the playoffs up to this point.  So how do others see this game?

Edited by ttitan27

17 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

Blackman has had a very good season sitting at 10-2 and will take the bus ride across town to 11-1 Oakland.  These two teams met up at Blackman on Sept. 30th with Oakland winning 53-18.  To me it seems that Oakland will do the same again.  Blackman defense hasn't shown enough improvement to stop Oakland and I would say the Oakland defense has definitely improved greatly.  In Oaklands last 5 games they have given up a combined 20 pts.    No offensive touchdowns have been scored against the Pats in the playoffs up to this point.  So how do others see this game?

I see it pretty much just as you said. Oakland's defense continues to improve every week, and I don't think Blackman will be able to slow down Oakland's offense enough to really make this a close one. I think it would take a bunch of mistakes on Oakland's part for this to be close

1 hour ago, volwalker23 said:

CPA was able to handle Oakland in the trenches. I didn't see anything from Blackman in the first matchup that makes me think they'll be able to do that

Lol they won’t even come close to it… I went to that first matchup, Blackman looked outmatched across the board. I think the scoreboard reflected that also.

Blackman has the speed, strength, talent to beat/compete with Oakland. Oakland has a great coaching staff, but I would also argue that Blackman staff is doing a great job as well. Most folks talk about trenches as the key to the battle.  If that is truly the case then its not strength, size or speed, but rather about one persons will . Confidence goes along way. If you think you can or think you can't then so goes it... 

Edited by Blaze45

12 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Blackman has the speed, strength, talent to beat/compete with Oakland. Oakland has a great coaching staff, but I would also argue that Blackman staff is doing a great job as well. Most folks talk about trenches as the key to the battle.  If that is truly the case then its not strength, size or speed, but rather about one persons will . Confidence goes along way. If you think you can or think you can't the so goes it... 

Blackman has to stop worrying about the name and line up to come downhill. Far as game planning creasy knows Blackman can pass on them, Blackman need to cut out all the penalties and mistakes to be in this game. I’ve said it all season the attitude has to be different in the trenches and at linebacker. 

29 minutes ago, arshad221 said:

Blackman has to stop worrying about the name and line up to come downhill. Far as game planning creasy knows Blackman can pass on them, Blackman need to cut out all the penalties and mistakes to be in this game. I’ve said it all season the attitude has to be different in the trenches and at linebacker. 

I think we have talked about it at a game or two if I am right