Quarter finals Blackman@Oakland

ttitan27

29 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

I agree that some of the skill players are better in some aspects but not all.  Blackman qb has a 4 star arm.  However, I will take the Oakland QB Hewitt over him every time.  Hewitt has a good arm and when he tucks and runs you better buckle everything up good beause he will make you pay.  Blackman qb is not mobile whatsoever.  It simply isn't part of his skill set which limits him greatly in my opinion.  Blackman tight end is tremendously talented and yes is better than just about anyone he has faced.  Then I believe you guys have one or two recievers that are really good as well.  Better than Collins for Oakland?  I'm gonna give that one a toss up.  Collins is great in all three phases.  Offense, defense and special teams.  He is absolutely deadly on returns.  Now the other 70-80 players on Oakland and the other 70-80 players on Blackman or however many each team has I will give the advantage to Oakland without question.  Those Oakland kids have been beating all those other kids in Rutherford county sensless since middle school.  

Tygard is a good coach.  That's it.  Good.  Creasy is a great coach.  Huge advantage Oakland.  When Tygard goes out and starts winning state championships as a HC then I will give him his due but until then.  Meh.

In regards to your last statement about Tygard…. Spot on. However, that’s offensive to the Blackman faithful that demand Tygard get the respect he deserves… he’s not done anything yet, with a roster like this he should’ve beat Brentwood and not lost to Oakland by 40.. he has a chance to prove himself Friday night but until then he is just another coach at Blackman. Barely Beating Coffee Co. does not open anyone’s eyes. It’s just the tough reality.

43 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

In regards to your last statement about Tygard…. Spot on. However, that’s offensive to the Blackman faithful that demand Tygard get the respect he deserves… he’s not done anything yet, with a roster like this he should’ve beat Brentwood and not lost to Oakland by 40.. he has a chance to prove himself Friday night but until then he is just another coach at Blackman. Barely Beating Coffee Co. does not open anyone’s eyes. It’s just the tough reality.

Come on MJGB! You know your just baiting - OK, I will bite! (I do have some time to kill)

Brown & Marshall were there before Tygard, he developed them. Pitts, Risner, Page came there to play for him - does he get credit for the roster? The line (both sides) and LB have not developed as quickly. The fact that he went from 5-5 to 8-2 is improvement, that is something. Barely beating CC was a result of poor coaching? Please provide context. Regardless of Friday night's results the program is moving in the right direction, otherwise this thread would not exist.

Please don't repeat your claim that they did not beat anyone with a winning record, that has been disproved by fact (even if it was only one).

39 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Come on MJGB! You know your just baiting - OK, I will bite! (I do have some time to kill)

Brown & Marshall were there before Tygard, he developed them. Pitts, Risner, Page came there to play for him - does he get credit for the roster? The line (both sides) and LB have not developed as quickly. The fact that he went from 5-5 to 8-2 is improvement, that is something. Barely beating CC was a result of poor coaching? Please provide context. Regardless of Friday night's results the program is moving in the right direction, otherwise this thread would not exist.

Please don't repeat your claim that they did not beat anyone with a winning record, that has been disproved by fact (even if it was only one).

Well I guess I will strongly disagree with you, and I’m sorry I forgot 6-5 Riverdale, who’s going through a historically bad season, was a “winning record” team. Congrats. Reality strikes Friday night. 

Blackman has the talent to compete,, Tygard will just simply get out coached by a boat race.

23 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Well I guess I will strongly disagree with you, and I’m sorry I forgot 6-5 Riverdale, who’s going through a historically bad season, was a “winning record” team. Congrats. Reality strikes Friday night. 

Blackman has the talent to compete,, Tygard will just simply get out coached by a boat race.

The real question is this - are you going to Page at Nolensville, or coming to the Boro? If here - Blaze and I will treat you to some hot coffee (looks like we will need it).

1 hour ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Everybody that Blackman has faced would beat most teams on mt.juliet schedule. Hunters Lane, Republic? I’m trying to see what world beaters they faced. 

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

And Creasy should be embarrassed for getting run over by CPA.  A team that FRA beat.

Creasy has lost to 4 teams since arriving in Murfreesboro… Hoover, Maryville, Whitehaven & CPA. I doubt one of the top 2 coaches in n the state is embarrassed about losing to CPA who ironically is still playing too. 

1 hour ago, GoPats2019 said:

Creasy has lost to 4 teams since arriving in Murfreesboro… Hoover, Maryville, Whitehaven & CPA. I doubt one of the top 2 coaches in n the state is embarrassed about losing to CPA who ironically is still playing too. 

I can see if creasy came into a program that was just sorry but y’all act like this man hasn’t been blessed with loaded talent at Oakland. He’s a good coach, with good coaches on his staff. Oakland is loaded.

27 minutes ago, arshad221 said:

I can see if creasy came into a program that was just sorry but y’all act like this man hasn’t been blessed with loaded talent at Oakland. He’s a good coach, with good coaches on his staff. Oakland is loaded.

Creasy has had a whole lot to do with building that program into what it is now.  It’s a lot more than just having talented players 

6 minutes ago, volwalker23 said:

Creasy has had a whole lot to do with building that program into what it is now.  It’s a lot more than just having talented players 

Very true.   Pretty sure he had very little if any D1 talent when he was winning those gold balls, that's plural, at 1A Trousdale County.   

3 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

Very true.   Pretty sure he had very little if any D1 talent when he was winning those gold balls, that's plural, at 1A Trousdale County.   

There were numerous times those Trousdale County teams of his played teams with more talent that, at least on paper, should have beaten them. He’s a great coach.