Quarter finals Blackman@Oakland

ttitan27

6 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Or any team of Oakland's caliber. Most of Oakland's defense from last year is playing college football, so I'd hope so. Maryville has taken their lumps too

Had 3 other 10+ win seasons, so was still better than everyone else over his tenure. Last 2 years went 24-3. CBHS is never gonna have the kind of talent that Nashville privates get, but McDaniel got to nearly triple his salary and go back home. Without McDaniel, you don't have the run they are on now with Creasy

Not sure if you are a relative of McDaniel's, but I will respectfully disagree with you.

5 hours ago, volwalker23 said:

Yeah I understand that Tygard believes in the onside kicks, but it really cost them tonight. Blackman may not have stopped Oakland anyway but you can’t keep letting them start drives in your own territory and expect to be able to keep up.

Absolutely hurt them with the onside kicks.  Coach, you don't need to give the opposing team a shorter field to score.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

My final take for the game and this season. "Man I am proud of these kids and Coaches!!!!!" They really did a great job from top to bottom. They changed staff, they changed offensive scheme, they changed attitude and brought a good fight to a dominant Oakland program. For those scratching their heads and complaining about onside kicks I would point out we recovered 13 this year. Thats 13 additional possessions. On those we didn't recover we gave them an avg starting position of the 46  For the kicks that were deep, we gave the opponents an avg start of the 37. So in essence we are giving up 9 yards for a shot at the ball, but I digress. This team has come along way and I am looking forward to what Coach Tygard does in the coming years. Congrats to Oakland, go get another Gold ball. 

The players have noting to be ashamed of.  They played their hearts out.

On 11/14/2022 at 6:40 PM, Blaze45 said:

Blackman has the speed, strength, talent to beat/compete with Oakland. Oakland has a great coaching staff, but I would also argue that Blackman staff is doing a great job as well. Most folks talk about trenches as the key to the battle.  If that is truly the case then its not strength, size or speed, but rather about one persons will . Confidence goes along way. If you think you can or think you can't then so goes it... 

I saw coaching malpractice on Blackman’s sidelines. They’ve got some really great players. It’s a shame the scheme puts them at a disadvantage.

Great game. In the end it came down to the difference in lines. I know I am just repeating what I have said before, but it's true - when you watch an Oakland lineman bulldozing through the Blackman LBs, as Keith Jackson used to say "woah nelly". Great effort by the Blaze, solid win for the Patriots.

A shout out to Blackman fans - you packed the stands, you were loud and when the clock hit zeros, if you did not know better you would have thought you won. That is support. It will be exciting to watch this program evolve.

Oakland - what can you say, what a program. Year after year, reload and go.

Lastly - if you want to hear two good interviews from two coaches praising one another and everyone around them, here you go.

Saturday, November 19th 2022: Blackman football coach Chandler Tygard - WGNS Radio

Saturday, November 19th 2022: Oakland football coach Kevin Creasy - WGNS Radio

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

I saw coaching malpractice on Blackman’s sidelines. They’ve got some really great players. It’s a shame the scheme puts them at a disadvantage.

Which scheme? Blazin fast, or Blazin slow single wing? Creasy (of course he was the winner) felt it was a pretty solid plan. I'm guessing the Rebels will have it figured out by Friday?

Edited by CougarDadx2

I think the offensive gameplay was sound. Blackman players left it all on the field. The 0-4 on onside kicks gave Oakland 100 free yards. Can't do that and win.   I'm interested to hear from you all on what Blackman has coming back next year. They lose 3 power five players and 2-3 FCS players.  Is Blackman gonna reload or is it a complete rebuild?

7 hours ago, Augustus said:

Not sure if you are a relative of McDaniel's, but I will respectfully disagree with you.

Just someone that remembers what years prior to his hiring were like. 93-07, Oakland had 3 Ten win seasons, McDaniel had 4 in 7 seasons.

His tenure was also in a golden age of football in this county. Nearly every program was loaded. Respectfully disagree if you want, but numbers don't lie. He got the ball rolling

5 hours ago, Vol9093 said:

I think the offensive gameplay was sound. Blackman players left it all on the field. The 0-4 on onside kicks gave Oakland 100 free yards. Can't do that and win.   I'm interested to hear from you all on what Blackman has coming back next year. They lose 3 power five players and 2-3 FCS players.  Is Blackman gonna reload or is it a complete rebuild?

They have talent, lineman and linebackers is where a lot of the work needs to be focused on. Blackman has got to get tougher overall and stronger. The 25 class is really talented. 

1 hour ago, arshad221 said:

They have talent, lineman and linebackers is where a lot of the work needs to be focused on. Blackman has got to get tougher overall and stronger. The 25 class is really talented. 

I heard a rumor thatTygard kicked a majority of that class off of the team when playoffs started.   Any truth to that?