Classification and enrollment appeals

Indian

7 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

McKenzie would not be in the smallest 32 but McKenzie has always teetered between 1 and 2A. I do think there are schools who bend the rules but I will keep that to myself.

True I was thinking they're closer to 300. Still, even as a WC fan the smallest 32 would be too weak of a class. 

5 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Sounds like every town in the West Carroll community. So what? Now you have to be socioeconomically equal now to play football or something? 

This thread is about classifying schools, I don't care what they do, trying to address what this topic is about. As far as I'm concerned ,do away with classes, put every school in the state in one class and have at it. You might have more people Coaching and teaching good values instead of trying to bend the rules and get the advantage over the school in you're class.

3 minutes ago, pujo said:

This thread is about classifying schools, I don't care what they do, trying to address what this topic is about. As far as I'm concerned ,do away with classes, put every school in the state in one class and have at it. You might have more people Coaching and teaching good values instead of trying to bend the rules and get the advantage over the school in you're class.

:bored:

Just now, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

:bored:

A lot like College Junk, its supposed to be about the student athlete,  Half of um can't even spell their name and when they get out of school, they end up being nothing but a burden on society. Sports has got a way out of hand and gets worse every day. You know things are a little crazy when the president of the United States makes 400.000 a year . Wonder whats more important , running the Country or running the ball for the Jets.

6 minutes ago, pujo said:

A lot like College Junk, its supposed to be about the student athlete,  Half of um can't even spell their name and when they get out of school, they end up being nothing but a burden on society. Sports has got a way out of hand and gets worse every day. You know things are a little crazy when the president of the United States makes 400.000 a year . Wonder whats more important , running the Country or running the ball for the Jets.

Sounds like more parents are failing their kids than coaches/teachers. 

3 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Sounds like more parents are failing their kids than coaches/teachers. 

We actually agree but even at that teachers and coaches have their hands tied. They have to pass kids or get fired, coaches have to win or lose their jobs. Our priorities are screwed up in a bad way. Instead of fixing Education ,road ,bridges,creating good jobs and health care ,we want to make same sex marriage a bigger issue.  

1 hour ago, pujo said:

I'm actually satisfied regardless of what they do, I see this for what it is, its never been fair for the little small rural schools but they can all teach kids the things its takes to be good adults. Winning football games is not that big a deal, its teaching the things it takes to be productive adults. 

Completely Agree. Let’s move on. 

58 minutes ago, pujo said:

I wouldn’t mind, on a 1 year trial basis, cutting out regular season classes. Let everyone schedule on their own (gates would rise, travel would decrease). Determine playoffs by computer rankings and enrollment. Minimum 5 wins. You couldn’t schedule 10 sure wins as it would hurt your computer ranking. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Completely Agree. Let’s move on. 

Yeah back on topic, I've been known to rant  but I'm more into the big, real picture, sports is secondary. That being said, be hard to find anyone that loves sports as much as I do. Just wish it were done in the right way at all levels, Ton's of youth club teams load up like crazy. 

4 minutes ago, Indian said:

I wouldn’t mind, on a 1 year trial basis, cutting out regular season classes. Let everyone schedule on their own (gates would rise, travel would decrease). Determine playoffs by computer rankings and enrollment. Minimum 5 wins. You couldn’t schedule 10 sure wins as it would hurt your computer ranking. 

Be much better than driving three hours for a region game.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, OldTownRoad said:

They will have to move someone to Region 4 once Gordonsville grows into being 2A. Can't have a region of only Clay County, RBS, and Jo Byrns.

Rockwood would be the most western Region 2 school. 

If they force a move and Rockwood stays below the 2A threshold, I think they make the most sense to be pushed to 4A assuming the meter hasn’t happened.