CLINTON DRAGONS 2023

92Dragon

5 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

He must have been encouraged to play somebody non region.  He said on tv interview that they were going to schedule "cupcakes"  for non region games the last 2 years. He said some wins would help their confidence and their "recruiting"   He actually said "cupcakes"  and "recruiting" several times on the TV interview.  Lol

By the looks of this schedule cycle, his region games seem to be the cupcakes. Maybe someone convinced him making it to the post season is better than a winning record…

doesn’t hurt that all he may need is one region win to lock in a post season spot. heck, with this schedule he could finish 4-6 and be the region champs 

37 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

By the looks of this schedule cycle, his region games seem to be the cupcakes. Maybe someone convinced him making it to the post season is better than a winning record…

doesn’t hurt that all he may need is one region win to lock in a post season spot. heck, with this schedule he could finish 4-6 and be the region champs 

Yeah, that makes sense when you look at it that way.  Glad to see AC back on the slate.  

11 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Yeah, that makes sense when you look at it that way.  Glad to see AC back on the slate.  

I bet you really are glad to see the Mavericks on Clinton schedule ORCat. Are you sure about that lol I wish OR would put us on the schedule haha. But I think for a 1st year coach OR did well enough last year. Next year will more clear because OR has talent. 

7 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I bet you really are glad to see the Mavericks on Clinton schedule ORCat. Are you sure about that lol I wish OR would put us on the schedule haha. But I think for a 1st year coach OR did well enough last year. Next year will more clear because OR has talent. 

AC and OR did try to schedule a game. They started to do week 7 or 8 but AC has knox west week 8 and OR had Farragut week 7. The other day they could have scheduled was week 2 but AC already Science Hill slotted for week 2. 

30 minutes ago, haweanbula said:

AC and OR did try to schedule a game. They started to do week 7 or 8 but AC has knox west week 8 and OR had Farragut week 7. The other day they could have scheduled was week 2 but AC already Science Hill slotted for week 2. 

This is correct.  Exactly what happened.  Maybe the two schools can make it happen for next year.  

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

This is correct.  Exactly what happened.  Maybe the two schools can make it happen for next year.  

Schedules as a rule are set for 2 year cycles -- home and home games. 2023 and 2024 seasons are the next cycle, so I wouldn't expect the schedule to change for those years except the location of the games.

23 hours ago, oridgecat said:

He must have been encouraged to play somebody non region.  He said on tv interview that they were going to schedule "cupcakes"  for non region games the last 2 years. He said some wins would help their confidence and their "recruiting"   He actually said "cupcakes"  and "recruiting" several times on the TV interview.  Lol

That’s hilarious. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JSCOTT said:

Your coach did a great job at  Tood County Ky. If you can do that it tells about what you can do.

0-5 in the region and missed the playoffs here.  You gotta finish 4th or better to qualify for post season.  5A football in E.Tn is much tougher competition than 2A football in Ky.  

Edited by oridgecat

On 12/2/2022 at 10:09 AM, MurphyCollege said:

Smoky mountain wrestling was ran by Jim cornette. Dirty white boy was a gooder wrestler. Tennessee mountain wrestling was a smaller promotion ran by Fulton’s finest, the k-town daddy himself, terry landel and featured Seymour’s finest Tom the bomb pitner. TMW was famous for having shows at Eddie’s auto parts. 

Murph you just became my new favorite poster

• Upvote 1