Beech at Bartlett

Bump11

Bucs will make the 215 mile, 3 hour trek to the outskirts of Memphis to take on the Panthers of Bartlett. The Panthers are a good football team but the Bucs seem to be peaking at the right time. Can they get back to the title game for the first time since 2018? Can Bartlett stop the three headed monster in the Beech backfield? Can they consistently move the ball against the physical Bucs defense? Gonna save my prediction for later, but i would say right out of the gate Beech probably opens at 10-14 point favorites. 

It’s kind of the perfect storm for Beech. They’ve got a talented and veteran team in a year where there are no great teams on the west side of the bracket.

No real threat out of Williamson County. No Parsons at Ravenwood, No Wade Twins at Summit, an inexperienced Brentwood team. Hendersonville was way down this year. 

To top it off, Maryville and Oakland are still very good but far from their usual juggernaut selves. This is the year you want to take a shot at them.

IMO, Beech has a REAL shot to win it all.

-Hate the thought of it smh

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, CommandoBlood100 said:

It’s kind of the perfect storm for Beech. They’ve got a talented and veteran team in a year where there are no great teams on the west side of the bracket.

No real threat out of Williamson County. No Parsons at Ravenwood, No Wade Twins at Summit, an inexperienced Brentwood team. Hendersonville was way down this year. 

To top it off, Maryville and Oakland are still very good but far from their usual juggernaut selves. This is the year you want to take a shot at them.

IMO, Beech has a REAL shot to win it all.

-Hate the thought of it smh

appreciate that coming from a Commando. You’re 100% right though. This is as good a year as any for someone not named Oakland/Maryville to take it. And we have as good a team as any to get it done. i’m definitely excited for that prospect of a game, but we have to take care of business in Memphis first. Cannot overlook this Bartlett team. We should win, but they’re absolutely good enough to steal it if we aren’t on our game. 

Edited by Bump11

I believe this is one of the better all around teams Crabtree ( Who in my opinion is  one of if not the best high school coach in the State )  has had since he has been at Beech . Load the box on this team and they will burn you with the pass . Stack the middle they will burn you on the outside. Last Friday night play calling on offense was off the charts.  Very strong and physical offensive and defensive line. Great teams improve each and every week during the season and this team has done this week in and week out  I think they take care of business this Friday night ! This is team will end up in Choo Choo land and will not be surprised if they win it all !  Good luck Buc's ! Bring a trophy back to Sumner county ! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 18NCS said:

I think this is a very close one. Bartlett is battle tested. 

I think that this is the most accurate statement. 
When you get this far, everyone is good. Who wants it most? Who plays mistake free, has the least turnovers, the least penalties and so on?
Who believes the most and has the best coaching to win?
Teams don’t arrive at the final 4 because they are mediocre at this level. 
People will say those teams are down this year or is it because the other teams are better? 
Whatever the reason the teams that want it most will take it. 

On 11/19/2022 at 2:54 PM, Bump11 said:

Bucs will make the 215 mile, 3 hour trek to the outskirts of Memphis to take on the Panthers of Bartlett. The Panthers are a good football team but the Bucs seem to be peaking at the right time. Can they get back to the title game for the first time since 2018? Can Bartlett stop the three headed monster in the Beech backfield? Can they consistently move the ball against the physical Bucs defense? Gonna save my prediction for later, but i would say right out of the gate Beech probably opens at 10-14 point favorites. 

No, Bartlett probably can't stop Beech. I got Beech by 7. I'll hang up and listen 

• Upvote 1