Has George Quarles Been Exposed??

chs1984

31 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

This thread is funny. So much to be debated. What can’t be debated is it’s been 1093 days since Maryville won a title. 

I see the 2019 in your name , I guess since Maryville won that year you’re still pretty Butthurt over it . Oakland is on a great run , only 10 more to catch up to Maryville, good luck with that 

1 hour ago, GoPats2019 said:

This thread is funny. So much to be debated. What can’t be debated is it’s been 1093 days since Maryville won a title. 

Glad your keeping up with that and not us. Let's me know we're still in your rearview mirror. Even without the athletes we have had in the past it's nice to know we are still in the top three of 6A football even with a team people are considering to be down. 

28 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Glad your keeping up with that and not us. Let's me know we're still in your rearview mirror. Even without the athletes we have had in the past it's nice to know we are still in the top three of 6A football even with a team people are considering to be down. 

Just think if the powers to be didn’t get greedy and left Gaylor as the baseball coach. GQ would still be there.

3 hours ago, pepvol said:

I see the 2019 in your name , I guess since Maryville won that year you’re still pretty Butthurt over it . Oakland is on a great run , only 10 more to catch up to Maryville, good luck with that 

Na, 2019 was the kid’s graduation year which means football was in 2018… which Oakland won. However you feel free to talk about the past since there’s obviously nothing to talk about in the present. #1093 

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Gaylor would have retired by now anyways. Not sure what happened and I have ask but everyone keeps their mouth shut like the Booger Man is going to come and get them if they tell it.

On Monday afternoon, Maryville High School athletics director George Quarles confirmed the move. Gaylor said it took him some time to come to grips with the impending removal — from that initial meeting where he said after a few minutes he asked, “Are you firing me?” — and that he at first felt maybe the program’s only Class AAA State Baseball Tournament appearances since the school’s lone title in the sport in 1989 no longer met the standard.

Power’s to be got to greedy.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Gaylor would have retired by now anyways. Not sure what happened and I have ask but everyone keeps their mouth shut like the Booger Man is going to come and get them if they tell it.

Sad part he was already retired.

I think Jimmy being retired, I think the admin really wanted a faculty member to be the head coach, and I think he coached three years as a retired teacher or retired person. I think that was the biggie,” Quarles said. “It’s not necessarily about wins and losses. Our admin just felt like we needed to go in a different direction.

1 hour ago, rollnoles said:

Sad part he was already retired.

I think Jimmy being retired, I think the admin really wanted a faculty member to be the head coach, and I think he coached three years as a retired teacher or retired person. I think that was the biggie,” Quarles said. “It’s not necessarily about wins and losses. Our admin just felt like we needed to go in a different direction.

My personal opinion is that the junior high went from 65 players to 30 over night and stayed that way for a few years because Ken and Karen got scared to death little Billy would suffer a head injury and decided he shouldn't play. I think GQ was thinking the pipeline may be running dry. Now the Gaylor mess could have figured into it but that's my guess. Winning and that gold ball meant a lot more to him then most people think or he wouldn't have put up with all the nonsense he did with a few key players the last few years but that's what happens when you go taking on a few players out of a nearby schools garbage can. They make headlines, just the wrong ones.