Has George Quarles Been Exposed??

chs1984

5 minutes ago, chs1984 said:

I know that he won like 10,000 games, and lost like 2 in high school. Yet he takes over a league champion in college and goes 3-8. Could it be that he just happened to be the man sitting in the office in high school, and quite a few coaches could’ve won just as many games???

No

14 minutes ago, chs1984 said:

I know that he won like 10,000 games, and lost like 2 in high school. Yet he takes over a league champion in college and goes 3-8. Could it be that he just happened to be the man sitting in the office in high school, and quite a few coaches could’ve won just as many games???

22 minutes ago, chs1984 said:

I need more info, how many seniors/starters did he lose from the previous year, maybe he changed the offense/defense, has hired a new staff, many factors go into it. I am sure he did not come right out the door winning at Maryville (could be wrong)...

40 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

I need more info, how many seniors/starters did he lose from the previous year, maybe he changed the offense/defense, has hired a new staff, many factors go into it. I am sure he did not come right out the door winning at Maryville (could be wrong)...

He inherited a state championship program when he started then took it to another level. So yes, he certainly came out the door winning and kept on going until he decided to shut said door.

Edited by JSamson7

13 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

He inherited a state championship program when he started then took it to another level. So yes, he certainly came out the door winning and kept on going until he decided to shut said door.

Thank you for the info, I was not sure, at any rate college is a lot different, I am sure he will do fine in time...

High school coaching and college coaching are very different. College coaching and NFL coaching are also very different. Look at Saban and Spurrier, those guys were excellent college football coaches but terrible in the NFL. Quarles is a great high school football coach. Doesn’t appear to be as good in the college game. Nothing wrong with that either. HS is his forte’

Reminds me of Emory Hale after leaving Oak Ridge for Austin Peay then came back to high school at Maryville and lasted one year because the parents were upset Emory was to hard on little Timmy and created their little chit show and got him run off. College and high school are two different animals for sure. I can see the same exact thing happening to GQ if he went back to high school especially at a place that has been dormant and came up with the bright idea they would like to win for a change not realizing there is a price to pay for winning. It will only get worse for GQ because to many people want him gone already at ETSU, once that fire has started it's hard to put it out.

6 hours ago, IncognitoCamper said:

High school coaching and college coaching are very different. College coaching and NFL coaching are also very different. Look at Saban and Spurrier, those guys were excellent college football coaches but terrible in the NFL. Quarles is a great high school football coach. Doesn’t appear to be as good in the college game. Nothing wrong with that either. HS is his forte’

In his autobiography, Spurrier talked about coaching in the NFL, you don't have much latitude in making decisions and whatever.   In other words you have to fit into the system pre-determined by the GM, owner(s), etc.      I have no idea, maybe each NFL team is different.    For instance, I can't even imagine somebody trying to tell Belichick how to run his offense.    But we all know that, love him or hate him, Spurrier is very boisterous and opinionated so who knows....