2023 Top Teams

EdForHeisman

15 minutes ago, SpottedGoat said:

And absolutely shredded that all-star game like it was against JV. His McKenzie coach or not, that kid is right there with Ty Simpson to me. Maybe not quite the long ball thrower, but every bit as smart on field & tougher because he plays both ways. Where is he playing college ball at?

Believe it or not, no one has offered him, officially.  It blows my mind.  I know that UNA's new coach, Brent Dearmon, is coming to talk to him and Taylor this week.  Dearmon was at Bethel when these two were freshman, and got to see both of them first hand.  Also, Murray State may be on the radar as well now. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/5/2022 at 6:38 PM, ChineseFlu said:

Regions 1 and 2 in 2A are hands down the worst regions in the state in any classification.   York had to be better than 8 other teams to get to the semis.  4 of those teams won a total of 2 region games (Cumberland Gap, Happy Valley, Oneida,  and Wartburg).  South Green was not much better.  Hampton, Rockwood, and Monterey were slightly better than mediocre at best.  That is how hard it was to make it to the semis out of those regions.  When York played Tyner it was a running clock in the first half.  Tyner could have scored 80.  

Wonder how it would have looked if York had the coach from last year.  On another thread your talking about how much the coach at Wartburg has accomplished in a year but this one they suck. 

On 12/10/2022 at 12:29 PM, IPOPU2022 said:

Anyone know how many seniors Moore Co loses. I heard that they have a lot of starters returning. IF they basically return last year’s roster then i think they will be a contender. 

Moore County looses 4 Seniors I believe, they'll definitely be a juggernaut with #6 Dawson White as Qb1!

10 hours ago, Sherdog said:

Not his brother but another big kid. Number 11 Cam. Around 6 ft 2 inches and around 220. Probaly faster. He had tommy john surgery last spring. He started at linebacker last year.

The Dresden kid last year reminded me of Loranzo at UTK several years ago. Big as a LB but could throw and run efficiently. And played EVER snap at MLB. Just an unbelievable athlete. IF they have a kid coming in who can fill or exceed his shoes they could have a great season. Depending on how depleted they are due to graduation. 

11 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

The Dresden kid last year reminded me of Loranzo at UTK several years ago. Big as a LB but could throw and run efficiently. And played EVER snap at MLB. Just an unbelievable athlete. IF they have a kid coming in who can fill or exceed his shoes they could have a great season. Depending on how depleted they are due to graduation. 

Loranzo at UTK?  Do you mean Jared Lorenzen that played at UK?  If so he was a great passer but a horrible runner. (only rushed for 283 yards on 279 attempts in 4 years at UK) and very out of shape which led to his death in 2019 at 38.