East-TN Reigns Supreme

BoardHater71

45 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

:roflolk:…now Boog… you know the 2 calls in the Baylor game were horrible.  Knox-West deep pass called incomplete instead of INT was also bad…I think the kid actually got 2 feet in with the toe tap.  Still, some good ball all around.  A lot of talent in TN. Now if everyone just stayed home…….

Pretty sure I heard Mike Keith say that the refs in the Page/West game were out of Memphis. Solid effort though.

16 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

Watched a few games, but not all.  East TN refs reigned supreme:thumb:

Yup. It also must be nice some team had a 30 minute ride to the game while others rode over 4 hours. Location should be middle state or shift just like playoffs every other year east to west. Just my humble opinion 

3 hours ago, RollRed said:

Yup. It also must be nice some team had a 30 minute ride to the game while others rode over 4 hours. Location should be middle state or shift just like playoffs every other year east to west. Just my humble opinion 

The Titans are very interested in moving the Football State Championships to the new enclosed stadium once completed. 

19 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

:roflolk:…now Boog… you know the 2 calls in the Baylor game were horrible.  Knox-West deep pass called incomplete instead of INT was also bad…I think the kid actually got 2 feet in with the toe tap.  Still, some good ball all around.  A lot of talent in TN. Now if everyone just stayed home…….

Booger just sayin :thumb:

5 hours ago, RollRed said:

Yep then if the Nashville area schools are the only ones playing the complaints will be the same but different. Ya  Just can't plan it like that. Find a place and play the game and if you have to drive a ways just be GLAD you're getting to,, instead of sitting home. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, RollRed said:

The ride to Chattanooga vs. Cookeville adds about 30-45 minutes from those West Tennessee teams.  Hardly a significant factor.  Especially considering the venue is much better for both teams and fans alike.    

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HTV said:

The ride to Chattanooga vs. Cookeville adds about 30-45 minutes from those West Tennessee teams.  Hardly a significant factor.  Especially considering the venue is much better for both teams and fans alike.    

Chatt. does a great job hosting.  Security was a little over the top, but great venue, atmosphere, lodging, eateries,  etc.  Gonna be hard to beat Chattanooga.  

Edited by oridgecat
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Chatt. does a great job hosting.  Security was a little over the top, but great venue, atmosphere, lodging, eateries,  etc.  Gonna be hard to beat Chattanooga.  

The reason for the added security is that there was a bomb threat nearby. A pipe bomb was found and detonated not far away, which prompted cancelation of the scheduled Christmas parade. 

37 minutes ago, HTV said:

The reason for the added security is that there was a bomb threat nearby. A pipe bomb was found and detonated not far away, which prompted cancelation of the scheduled Christmas parade. 

okay, thanks, that makes more sense now.  I have never had to go through 2 metal detectors, a metal detecting wand and empty all my pockets to get into a football game!  I wondered what the heck was going on.  

21 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

DIdn't Page get Mercy-ruled?   I understand the baylor argument, but can't believe you mentioned that butt whoopin.