3 or more consecutive championships

BeQuiet

2 hours ago, GBO52 said:

They are big chief, ER has a couple really good baseball players that are out of zone... Not that I blame them for wanting to come to East, I would want to play for Coach Wix too if my other options was Springfield, WH or Jo Byrns lol! Sumner had the same policy Robertson has now about 3 or 4 years ago. 

Well I was wrong, could have sworn you had to pay to play at ER if you were zoned for heritage, jo byrns…etc

1 hour ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

Well I was wrong, could have sworn you had to pay to play at ER if you were zoned for heritage, jo byrns…etc

It’s called tuition. Many open zoned school systems charge tuition for out of zone students. School funding is a combination of state funds and local city or county government funds. If a student is not in the zone the school does not receive the local portion of the funding for that student. The tuition is usually equal to the local portion that they do not receive. Most school systems have this in their board policies. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

It’s called tuition. Many open zoned school systems charge tuition for out of zone students. School funding is a combination of state funds and local city or county government funds. If a student is not in the zone the school does not receive the local portion of the funding for that student. The tuition is usually equal to the local portion that they do not receive. Most school systems have this in their board policies. 

Gotcha thanks!

On 12/5/2022 at 6:18 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I wish we would charge tuition.To get some of those Blount County kids.lol

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Isn’t part of Greenback in Blount Co??

The line is 1.5 miles from school and we cannot accept those kids Have to be in Loudon County. Completely ignorant if you ask me! Used to if a Greenback or Loudoun County bus went by your front door you were good to go. Mike Casteel when he took over his principal put the kibosh to that.Made those kids leave.I ain't joking either.

55 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

The line is 1.5 miles from school and we cannot accept those kids Have to be in Loudon County. Completely ignorant if you ask me! Used to if a Greenback or Loudoun County bus went by your front door you were good to go. Mike Casteel when he took over his principal put the kibosh to that.Made those kids leave.I ain't joking either.

That stinks. 

17 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

Sorry, but no public schools in Rutherford County have open zoning.

RuCo Zoning

I don't think you understand what open zoning is.  If the school board has a policy that will allow a student to transfer from set zone school (No matter the reason or how hard it is to get the transfer approved) you classified as open zoned. Below is Rutherford County's School Board Policy which talks about transfer of schools

https://tsbanet-my.sharepoint.com/personal/policy_tsba_net/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx?id=%2Fpersonal%2Fpolicy_tsba_net%2FDocuments%2FRutherford County%2FMobile%2F6 Students%2F6205.pdf&parent=%2Fpersonal%2Fpolicy_tsba_net%2FDocuments%2FRutherford County%2FMobile%2F6 Students&ga=1

The site you used would stand true for any school in the state since they all have certain bus routes and all will have a set zone (Even open zoned ones do)

28 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I don't think you understand what open zoning is.  If the school board has a policy that will allow a student to transfer from set zone school (No matter the reason or how hard it is to get the transfer approved) you classified as open zoned. Below is Rutherford County's School Board Policy which talks about transfer of schools

https://tsbanet-my.sharepoint.com/personal/policy_tsba_net/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx?id=%2Fpersonal%2Fpolicy_tsba_net%2FDocuments%2FRutherford County%2FMobile%2F6 Students%2F6205.pdf&parent=%2Fpersonal%2Fpolicy_tsba_net%2FDocuments%2FRutherford County%2FMobile%2F6 Students&ga=1

The site you used would stand true for any school in the state since they all have certain bus routes and all will have a set zone (Even open zoned ones do)

I live in Rutherford County. We do not have open zones.