3 or more consecutive championships

BeQuiet

Just now, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You don’t have to charge tuition to be open zone. Someday but it is not a requirementYou don’t have to charge tuition to be open zone. Someday but it is not a requirement

Listen, it doesn't matter how many times you say to the contrary, I live in Rutherford County... you cannot go to any school just because you want it. If you want to move into the zone for which it's zoned, you may attend that school. You can file an appeal to go to another school, but if athletics are involved, you are about 90% chance of being denied without a bonified change of address within the school's zone. RUTHERFORD COUNTY SCHOOLS ARE NOT OPEN ZONE

23 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

"Requesting a transfer to another school"... BECAUSE IT'S NOT OPEN ZONING. :idea:

giphy.gif

If you can request a transfer to attend a school that you are not zoned for then you are open zoned school system, tuition has nothing to do with it!  Ex.  from my home county you can be zoned to attend West Greene high school and thats the school you are to attend and can request to go to South Greene High School and not live in that school zone and pay no tuition.  They are open zoned as well :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

Listen, it doesn't matter how many times you say to the contrary, I live in Rutherford County... you cannot go to any school just because you want it. If you want to move into the zone for which it's zoned, you may attend that school. You can file an appeal to go to another school, but if athletics are involved, you are about 90% chance of being denied without a bonified change of address within the school's zone. RUTHERFORD COUNTY SCHOOLS ARE NOT OPEN ZONE

I LIVE IN RUTHERFORD COUNTY, I KNOW ALL.  You are making yourself look like an idiot because you in fact don't know what open zoned is.

You can't just go to any school you want to in an open zoned system either and all have their own zoned bus routes.  They have to approve it and it has to be requested and it doesn't matter if it's easy to get that transfer or not, you are classified as an open zoned school system.

7 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

I have been an educator and school administrator for the last 23 years. I deal with this for a living. I’m not just some person who lives in a specific county. Again dealing with this stuff is how I get my paycheck. I know what I’m talking about but there’s no point in arguing further. You are mistaken this is the last I will comment about it. Have a good day 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I have been an educator and school administrator for the last 23 years. I deal with this for a living. I’m not just some person who lives in a specific county. Again dealing with this stuff is how I get my paycheck. I know what I’m talking about but there’s no point in arguing further. You are mistaken this is the last I will comment about it. Have a good day 

Thanks for your input, though wrong it is. Have a great day! 

15 hours ago, Swipes said:

I LIVE IN RUTHERFORD COUNTY, I KNOW ALL.  You are making yourself look like an idiot because you in fact don't know what open zoned is.

You can't just go to any school you want to in an open zoned system either and all have their own zoned bus routes.  They have to approve it and it has to be requested and it doesn't matter if it's easy to get that transfer or not, you are classified as an open zoned school system.

And if they played TSSAA sports before transferring, it fall under TSSAA transfer guidelines and unless they moved, they will have to sit out a year if there are established bus routes for said schools.

58 minutes ago, rlh said:

And if they played TSSAA sports before transferring, it fall under TSSAA transfer guidelines and unless they moved, they will have to sit out a year if there are established bus routes for said schools.

You are 100% correct!  It's what Alcoa's QB did 2 years ago since he had an athletic record at Catholic and had to sit out to until the 3a Quarterfinals and ended up being two time State tournament MVP and a Mr. Football winner his senior year