West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

4 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Westview played Elizabethton at Christmas tournament and Westview won in a close one, but I don’t see Elizabethton being able to run with South Side. If South Side controls the tempo, then South Side by 14

Yea that’s what I heard! Westview doesn’t have any inside presence & westview pulled it out. So hopefully you’re right! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea that’s what I heard! Westview doesn’t have any inside presence & westview pulled it out. So hopefully you’re right! 

We are light in the middle and hopefully, our inside presence will be back healthy next year with a good knee. Based upon what I witnessed today, SS should take care of business. 

1 minute ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Good win SS. I was there and pulling for the Lady Hawks. I think Elizabethton will have a much harder game tomorrow with SS's pressure. WV got them in South Carolina in a tourney and they're scrappy and they converted some shots late in that game back then. We didn't shoot the ball well on that last day, but those girls can play basketball and are very well-coached. I'm calling SS by 12. Good luck on Thursday! 

Thanks! We will be pulling for y’all as well on Thursday! We know they are a good team and can play. They can shoot it when left open. We don’t plan on leaving them open tho! I hope you’re right idk as long it’s SS plus 1 

• Like 2

@HawkGuy06 First, congrats on making it back to the championship. What a freaking game! You got your moneys worth if you stayed to watch that contest. Second, after seeing y'all get down by 15 I thought it was over. I thought both of us would be back in W.TN tonight patching our wounds. WOW! That is all I know how to say. SS came out of the locker room and looked like a different team in the second half. It will be one of the most memorable high school basketball game I have ever watched. Also, Lawson absolutely deserves to be Miss Basketball. She was so clutch so many times. 

In closing, I am really proud of our girls. Regardless of what a few clowns have to say on here, we had a pretty tough team to beat this year. They made a little school history this year and hope they continue to build on it! Nothing to be ashamed of. 

Again, Congrats! Y'all bring back that Gold to the WEST! 

34 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

@HawkGuy06 First, congrats on making it back to the championship. What a freaking game! You got your moneys worth if you stayed to watch that contest. Second, after seeing y'all get down by 15 I thought it was over. I thought both of us would be back in W.TN tonight patching our wounds. WOW! That is all I know how to say. SS came out of the locker room and looked like a different team in the second half. It will be one of the most memorable high school basketball game I have ever watched. Also, Lawson absolutely deserves to be Miss Basketball. She was so clutch so many times. 

In closing, I am really proud of our girls. Regardless of what a few clowns have to say on here, we had a pretty tough team to beat this year. They made a little school history this year and hope they continue to build on it! Nothing to be ashamed of. 

Again, Congrats! Y'all bring back that Gold to the WEST! 

Thanks! Means a lot! We know we play good ball across the river just like they do. A few people can’t take away from the success of what West Tennessee basketball have been for some time now. 2 district made up 4 of the eight teams, and we was 1 district. With South Gibson & South Side in the same district & LA & Upperman in another one. 

South Gibson had a wonderful year! Nothing to be ashamed of! Y’all was definitely worthy of being here. I wish a few more shots fell for y’all tonight, just a tuff night for the shooters. 

23 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

You mean they play girls basketball in Memphis I thought just forfeited All their games 

Oh no no! Don’t ever believe that. They are going through that phase… all private schools are basically recruiting all the public schools talent! So yea Memphis ball is still good 

16 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Oh no no! Don’t ever believe that. They are going through that phase… all private schools are basically recruiting all the public schools talent! So yea Memphis ball is still good 

Straight facts. Same way on the boy's side as well. A lot of the public school talent jumped to private when Memphis shut down basketball in the public setting during Covid.