West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

20 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

If both losing teams had made their free throws down the stretch they would have won!

And if both winning teams would of made some of theirs earlier it wouldn’t of been that close….  

What a game by Peabody! Dominated thru 3 quarters but got a little tight in the 4th quarter and let south Fulton back into it. Peabody never game up and hit the game winner at the buzzer! Unbelievable game! Congrats to Coach Hart and the Lad Tide!! Go get the Region Championship! 

1 hour ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Tonight showed what separates GC and Westview from the other teams in the area.  They both have a second option that can go for 20-25 and win a game.  Huntingdon just couldn’t beat the top 2.  Still a very good team and a lot to be proud of. 

Proud of the Fillies on a great season.  Fillies will be very good next season also.  Fillies did a great job on Micah tonight and held her in check for the most part.  Some very questionable calls took Kee out with foul trouble and she could never get in a rhythm.  Fillies controlled the first half but could never pull away and were only up one at the half.

2 hours ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Tonight showed what separates GC and Westview from the other teams in the area.  They both have a second option that can go for 20-25 and win a game.  Huntingdon just couldn’t beat the top 2.  Still a very good team and a lot to be proud of. 

Agreed. Cantrell did the job! And huntingdon did a great job defending hart and holding her back. 

8 hours ago, GlassHouseBound said:

I

6 hours ago, 1983 said:

Proud of the Fillies on a great season.  Fillies will be very good next season also.  Fillies did a great job on Micah tonight and held her in check for the most part.  Some very questionable calls took Kee out with foul trouble and she could never get in a rhythm.  Fillies controlled the first half but could never pull away and were only up one at the half.

i watched all four of their games. Biggest difference in these two teams is Gibson County has been a little bit better poised as far as handling pressure than Huntingdon and I think Gibson County has been a little more disciplined guarding Huntingdon than they have guarding us. Gibson County I thought attacked the rim a bunch last night and drew contact a bunch. Early in the game Gibson County didn’t get the calls and as the game wore they got them. I will agree all four games were not called consistently David Wilkins is a great coach and has Huntingdon on the right path. I like their team a lot. Honestly my stress level before each one of our games has been to the max. Sad that one of these teams had to be eliminated and I think they were a team that would cause problems in Murfreesboro as well. I thought their crowd had and the hype of the game had us rattled a bit in the first half. Huntingdon was up 5 and had three or four possessions up 5 where they could have really took control of the game and that was with Kee out. Crazy do or die game that we are very happy to come out on top. I know it has to be extremely hard coaching against father/son. Congratulations to Huntingdon in a great year. 

3 hours ago, BaBaBaBa said:

Good luck to Coach Hart and the Peabody Lady Tide tonight!! Go get the game in Memphis! You girls showed why your one of the best Single A team in West Tennessee! Go get it! 

Good luck to Peabody. Y’all are on the road as well so I guess we will all compare notes about midnight.