West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

8 minutes ago, 1983 said:

I hope the region is at Camden, I would love to see it on a neutral court.  I agree GC and Fillies have been in striking distance of beating Westview.  Westview has no answer for Lily Kee, now if Fillies can knock down some shots from outside I really like their chances.  They have not shot well from outside either game.  It should be a fun few weeks.

Well there are three tough teams and somebody will get knocked out. Same with McMinn Central, Alcoa and Gatlinburg Pittman. Summertown upset Loretto last year and shook things up. Basketball is a crazy game. Never know what is going to happen. Got to play every possession like it is the last. Do think the two that make it to substate will be battle tested for sure. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Those aren't bad predictions, and I'd like to see my home area, West Tennessee sweep too. Last year I believe it was like 12 teams from the area at the Glass House. However, I'll give you a couple to debate about.

1A: Wayne Co

2A: York

3A: South Side

I could be wrong but I personally don’t believe WC has been battled tested! Imo McKenzie schedule is very tough. I like McKenzie over WC 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 1983 said:

I hope the region is at Camden, I would love to see it on a neutral court.  I agree GC and Fillies have been in striking distance of beating Westview.  Westview has no answer for Lily Kee, now if Fillies can knock down some shots from outside I really like their chances.  They have not shot well from outside either game.  It should be a fun few weeks.

From the games I've watched Kee play, she's going to get her points like Hart is going to get hers from Gibson County. What WV does is defend and I expect the defense to get more aggressive now that we're in tournament time & spread the ball around to their shooters. It's been fun watching them throw a press in a few times this year just to change it up. WV, Hungtingdon, or GC...I predict 2 of these 3 will be in Murfreesboro when the big one comes around. 

8 hours ago, RedDevil23 said:

South Fulton beats Greenfield for the first time in 10 years to win the shared 13A reg title tonight. District tournament starts next week at UTM. Should be a good one. These 4 teams battle it out ever game

Curt has done an outstanding job with SF. He's a great coach and related well with his players. Good luck in the tourney. 

9 hours ago, RedDevil23 said:

South Fulton beats Greenfield for the first time in 10 years to win the shared 13A reg title tonight. District tournament starts next week at UTM. Should be a good one. These 4 teams battle it out ever game

Congratulations!!! Fun team to watch. Good luck to y’all. Hope y’all make a deep run. 

• 2 weeks later...