West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

11 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Appreciate it.  Heard Westview went 13-14 from downtown. Hard to beat any team that shoots that well. 

Yea that’s very hard to beat! Only question I have for Westview is what will happen if them 3’s not falling in Murfreesboro? I remember last year they wasn’t falling against Riverside but they didn’t have enough so it didn’t matter. I hope WV repeat but Alcoa & York are looking nice! Let’s see if West Tn can do a clean sweep, we let everyone down last year! Revenge season is almost here! We let west Tn down last year on the clean sweep 

1A:  McKenzie 

2A: Gibson County, Westview 

3A: Jackson South Side 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea that’s very hard to beat! Only question I have for Westview is what will happen if them 3’s not falling in Murfreesboro? I remember last year they wasn’t falling against Riverside but they didn’t have enough so it didn’t matter. I hope WV repeat but Alcoa & York are looking nice! Let’s see if West Tn can do a clean sweep, we let everyone down last year! Revenge season is almost here! We let west Tn down last year on the clean sweep 

South Side had a tough draw last year. You couldn’t have played three better teams. Greenville, Page and Upperman all very good teams. South Side did well. Will be interesting. It is here for sure. I will be pulling for West TN whoever makes it through this wildfire. Going to be interesting. Our Region is scheduled to be in Centerville, TN unless our Region sweeps. If the Region does happen in Centerville, they better be ready for a packed house. Good luck to y’all. If we are playing on opposite nights, I will come down and check y’all out. When is y’all’s District semis?? Ours are next Thursday at Westview.   

6 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Those aren't bad predictions, and I'd like to see my home area, West Tennessee sweep too. Last year I believe it was like 12 teams from the area at the Glass House. However, I'll give you a couple to debate about.

1A: Wayne Co

2A: York

3A: South Side

21 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Appreciate it.  Heard Westview went 13-14 from downtown. Hard to beat any team that shoots that well. 

WV hit shots when they needed to answer. They weren't that good though from beyond the arc. Harrison had 4 fouls in the 3rd quarter and with about 2 minutes to go in the 3rd and played the entire 4th without picking up #5. Both teams played well. The tournament should be very competitive, but I see 2 from our District going to sub-state when the dust settles who will have a good chance of going onward.  

1 hour ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

WV hit shots when they needed to answer. They weren't that good though from beyond the arc. Harrison had 4 fouls in the 3rd quarter and with about 2 minutes to go in the 3rd and played the entire 4th without picking up #5. Both teams played well. The tournament should be very competitive, but I see 2 from our District going to sub-state when the dust settles who will have a good chance of going onward.  

I was getting texts. He might have meant 13 or 14 but the text read 13-14  3 balls tonight.  Thought all night that couldn’t be right. But y’all had another good showing. I agree 2 of us will have a substate matchup. Who that will be will be a battle. Whoever makes it out from West TN will have my support as usual. I am a West TN Fan. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TLowns said:

The only team I see beating Westview in AA this year is Alcoa… they’ve got the most complete team in terms of good PG play, big wings that can shoot, and size in the paint. 

The AA state tournament should be fun to watch.

I agree they are really good but you never know. GC has been in striking distance twice in the middle of the fourth quarter in both games. 5 point games in both with the ball. First game had the ball two or three times but couldn’t take advantage. Huntingdon took them to the wire at their place and played them tough last night. I do think losing Barr and Simpson has not helped them but they are rolling for sure. I do think when do or die games start happening game planning may change. I would bet in a loser leave town match either Wilkins’ will throw the sink at them. Going to be some down right battles starting Thursday Night. GC Huntingdon will be a dogfight next Thursday Night. Both of their games this year have been intense and just every possession a dogfight. Got to love this time of year. 

9 hours ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Region update: Tourney was actually scheduled for East Hickman in Lyles but their tourney director told us today its likely moving to Camden. Not final yet.

17 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree they are really good but you never know. GC has been in striking distance twice in the middle of the fourth quarter in both games. 5 point games in both with the ball. First game had the ball two or three times but couldn’t take advantage. Huntingdon took them to the wire at their place and played them tough last night. I do think losing Barr and Simpson has not helped them but they are rolling for sure. I do think when do or die games start happening game planning may change. I would bet in a loser leave town match either Wilkins’ will throw the sink at them. Going to be some down right battles starting Thursday Night. GC Huntingdon will be a dogfight next Thursday Night. Both of their games this year have been intense and just every possession a dogfight. Got to love this time of year. 

I hope the region is at Camden, I would love to see it on a neutral court.  I agree GC and Fillies have been in striking distance of beating Westview.  Westview has no answer for Lily Kee, now if Fillies can knock down some shots from outside I really like their chances.  They have not shot well from outside either game.  It should be a fun few weeks.