West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

16 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

I don’t thinks it’s too unlucky that you can’t beat good teams…may have had a chance with 6 fouls though!! 

Fans go to games to see great players perform not sit on the bench. I remember a few years ago I ventured down to Oxford Ms to see the Vols and Ole Miss play. Bernard King got 3 1st qt fouls and ended up sitting most of the game. Made me sick and I haven't liked the 5 foul rule since. My team lost to 3 great teams. We can be all the good teams. Who is your team?

2 hours ago, westtnsportsfan said:

I don’t thinks it’s too unlucky that you can’t beat good teams…may have had a chance with 6 fouls though!! 

Yes Fillies should have gotten the job done but it is frustrating when you know that it is just a tough break that the top 8 best teams don’t make it to state.  Thankfully the district alignments will be much better next season.  

2 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

All of the Huntingdon Fillies loses were to teams that are going to the glass house. Plus we beat Dresden twice and Riverside who are also going. How's that for luck!

Some team’s were very fortunate with classes going to 4 and some were not.  Fillies being just on the line for 1A and 2A has been a challenge.  I like the challenge and I believe it will pay off soon in 2A. 

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Fans go to games to see great players perform not sit on the bench. I remember a few years ago I ventured down to Oxford Ms to see the Vols and Ole Miss play. Bernard King got 3 1st qt fouls and ended up sitting most of the game. Made me sick and I haven't liked the 5 foul rule since. My team lost to 3 great teams. We can be all the good teams. Who is your team?

17 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Yes Fillies should have gotten the job done but it is frustrating when you know that it is just a tough break that the top 8 best teams don’t make it to state.  Thankfully the district alignments will be much better next season.  

I think the Gibson County Loretto game was called similar to some of the Gibson County Huntingdon games. Loretto against us was getting to the rim a lot like Gibson County was against Huntingdon. Credit to Loretto they were taking advantage of the officials. Thought Gibson County got a couple of calls went their way against Loretto for attacking the rim late. Loretto was forcing the officials hand. Somebody from GC said at one time FT’s in the game last night was 23-5 in favor of Loretto, but they were attacking the rim. 

Edited by pioneer42

23 minutes ago, 1983 said:

You didn’t beat two of the top 8 in any of the 6 chances. That’s the difference. 

12 minutes ago, westtn12 said:

You didn’t beat two of the top 8 in any of the 6 chances. That’s the difference. 

Yep I hear what you are saying but you may be missing my point.  It’s not like we weren’t competitive we had our chances and probably should have and could have won a couple of those meetings.  My point is we were a really good team that is better than some still playing and some that we beat handily.  So if you were on this side you would be a little frustrated also. If you are a westview fan, can say you all didn’t benefit from moving down in classes?  Absolutely y’all did