South Pittsburg Pirates 2023

Southtowner

I thought we looked alright in our 7v7 competition down in Georgia yesterday. 

Several schools were there.  At least 10.

We finished 4-2 with wins over Notre Dame, Ringgold, Dade , & Lafayette.

Lost to Cleveland straight outta the gate.  Won 4 straight.  Then lost to Dade in the 2nd matchup.  Had we beaten Dade again I think we would have played Cleveland again in the final?   But I left.

All in all a good day.  

36 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Lost to Cleveland straight outta the gate.  Won 4 straight.  Then lost to Dade in the 2nd matchup.  Had we beaten Dade again I think we would have played Cleveland again in the final?   But I left.

All in all a good day.  

That's a pretty good showing. Guess that Tygard man has them raiders slinging it.

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

All in all a good day.  

I think Marion was 4-1.  Beat nd, lafayette, Sylvania and nsm.  Lost to Cleveland in the tournament 

22 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I think Marion was 4-1.  Beat nd, lafayette, Sylvania and nsm.  Lost to Cleveland in the tournament 

Yall looked good.  QB has gained some weight and arm strength looks lots stronger. 

19 hours ago, boogersbooger said:

Supposedly lost to Cleveland's JV team from what I understand.

18 hours ago, CoyDillard said:

That's a negative.

Tygard and Starkey are longtime friends so it was a bit competitive.

^ most vocal game of the day that I witnessed. 

52 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Lol, yeah you are probably right, gonna be a long year in jasper..... maybe we can play a middle school schedule since they can't beat jvs

I thought Jasper looked pretty good at the 7v7.   I was there.   

I was told by several there,  including players, that was Cleveland's JV team that beat Jasper.  I think the scoring in that one was 10-9.  I could be mistaken on the score but it was very very close.  

Really doesn't matter.  All in all,  every school and every player there benefited from the competition.   

'Twas a good day.

21 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Yall looked good.  QB has gained some weight and arm strength looks lots stronger. 

^ most vocal game of the day that I witnessed. 

I thought Jasper looked pretty good at the 7v7.   I was there.   

I was told by several there,  including players, that was Cleveland's JV team that beat Jasper.  I think the scoring in that one was 10-9.  I could be mistaken on the score but it was very very close.  

Really doesn't matter.  All in all,  every school and every player there benefited from the competition.   

'Twas a good day.

I did ask after I posted. There were some jv on Cleveland's team that played and there were some on Jasper's team as well. Warriors had played 4 already and Coach Starkey did have some in. Irregardless Cleveland's jv could probably beat most there anyway. Coach wasn't real happy but most coaches wouldn't be after a loss either. 

Was able to get some younger kids some time against good competition so it was a benefit. 

Well help my time! Old Pirate jest got back in town this afternoon and open this thread to catch up on the Pirates. Couldn’t help but notice the kinfolkes jumped the thread. Them jailhouse fellers don’t have enough support to have their own thread. Leastways found it hilarious. Yep Recon So!