Question about Clarkrange

bobcatfan300

While I don't disagree that Clarkrange is somewhat down (as of right now) Basketball is a marathon season and it really only matters that the chemistry/magic starts to happen at tournament time. Coach Rogers understands this and his desire to win and ability to coach has not diminished over the years. His loss early in the tournament last year bothered him and I truly believe that if any coach can continue to grow and push a team it's him. 

As far as York having all the "good" players they are stacked this year and probably next year. It's always back and forth in that area and the rotation will move back to Clarkrange. Any time you have two traditional and historically good/great teams in the same small county this will happen. 

At the end of the day don't count Clarkrange out and if York is down in a couple of years... don't count them out!!

I know people say they are down but when you look at the players they can definitely play.  Good PG.  Lots of shooters.  Stowers is a great offensive player and will score a lot of points every game.  Undersized in the paint,  but aren’t they always?   IMO the defensive end is where they are different than past teams.   The speed and pressure defense they are known for isn't there yet.  They seem a step slow.  And that isn’t an easy fix.  But I wouldn’t write them off.  

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I know people say they are down but when you look at the players they can definitely play.  Good PG.  Lots of shooters.  Stowers is a great offensive player and will score a lot of points every game.  Undersized in the paint,  but aren’t they always?   IMO the defensive end is where they are different than past teams.   The speed and pressure defense they are known for isn't there yet.  They seem a step slow.  And that isn’t an easy fix.  But I wouldn’t write them off.  

RBS I seen is undefeated but who they have beaten is a question. Clarkrange beat Van Buren County last night who was in the Boro last year. Safe to say that two of Clarkrange, RBS, Clay County and Pickett are in Murfreesboro?? They may make it to state and who knows what happens there?? I think TN as a whole has gotten a lot better and more quality teams and it is just hard to be dominant year year out. 

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

RBS I seen is undefeated but who they have beaten is a question. Clarkrange beat Van Buren County last night who was in the Boro last year. Safe to say that two of Clarkrange, RBS, Clay County and Pickett are in Murfreesboro?? They may make it to state and who knows what happens there?? I think TN as a whole has gotten a lot better and more quality teams and it is just hard to be dominant year year out. 

That is a good win by Clarkrange.  Van Buren still has Bouldon and she is very good.   That district is going to be tough.   I really like Pickett.  They have size, a shooter,  and very good PG who can do it all.  And PC Freshman Nicholas may end up being the best of them all.  Clay has some good size and really good guard play.  I love Fleming from RBS but I am not sure who they lost last year and they have a new coach.  But to be honest neither team really stands out that where I would say they will be #1.   I think it will be very competitive and a war every night. 

28 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

That is a good win by Clarkrange.  Van Buren still has Bouldon and she is very good.   That district is going to be tough.   I really like Pickett.  They have size, a shooter,  and very good PG who can do it all.  And PC Freshman Nicholas may end up being the best of them all.  Clay has some good size and really good guard play.  I love Fleming from RBS but I am not sure who they lost last year and they have a new coach.  But to be honest neither team really stands out that where I would say they will be #1.   I think it will be very competitive and a war every night. 

Yeah I am not throwing in the towell on Clarkrange just yet. McKenzie is very good as is Wayne County. But you know like I do any thing can happen up there. Will be interesting and fun for spectators watching that District. Always has been a war. 

16 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

RBS didn't lose anyone off the team from graduation. Couple did quit that hurt depth but the core is still there. They also beat Van Buren head to head and looked good doing so.

I'm with you regarding Pickett. They're pretty loaded but young. They are BY FAR the most talented team in the district but youth may bite them in a couple of games. IMO, Pickett will win district with the other 3 battling for second with not much separation between them.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SgtBarnes said:

RBS didn't lose anyone off the team from graduation. Couple did quit that hurt depth but the core is still there. They also beat Van Buren head to head and looked good doing so.

I'm with you regarding Pickett. They're pretty loaded but young. They are BY FAR the most talented team in the district but youth may bite them in a couple of games. IMO, Pickett will win district with the other 3 battling for second with not much separation between them.

For me this district doesn't have one team that just stands out. There are things that each team needs to improve on. I do know that this should be an interesting district to watch come tournament time.

On 12/13/2022 at 10:52 PM, pioneer42 said:

That is not the first time I have heard that. What happend to Jackson County?? Where did all their crop go?? They used to be loaded as well. 

Upperman for now. (Notice how they have had 4 of the last 6 ms basketball winners) 

Recruiting is an open secret in the upper Cumberland. One girl can change the course of a program and it also removes a player from a rival’s roster. Jackson was getting girls out of Macon, and Putnam County now they’re staying home (note how good RBS, Cookeville, and Macon got). Clarkrange gets them from Cumberland, Putnam. Most are doing it to some extent. Some more than others. 

Edited by Khall555
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Upperman for now. (Notice how they have had 4 of the last 6 ms basketball winners) 

Recruiting is an open secret in the upper Cumberland. One girl can change the course of a program and it also removes a player from a rival’s roster. Jackson was getting girls out of Macon, and Putnam County now they’re staying home (note how good RBS, Cookeville, and Macon got). Clarkrange gets them from Cumberland, Putnam. Most are doing it to some extent. Some more than others. 

Recruiting isn't limited to the UC. It's across the state.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LDFL24 said:

Recruiting isn't limited to the UC. It's across the state.

It started when Public Schools had to do it to compete with the Private Schools. Super Teams like CPA, FRA, and Lipscomb had were starting to dominate in Girls Basketball. Clarkrange has been doing it for a long time though. The best team they ever had (1995) was with 3 girls from Crossville on it. Now it’s out of hand. 

Edited by Khall555
  • Like 1