Smoky Bears Off-season thread

Bueller

37 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Murphy is a good guy, he was telling kids to not smoke chalkijauna or drink eraser beer back in the 90's.

I’ve always tried to teach the youth about the fundamentals in football and also in life. Unfortunately JNA, Physical,LMAOc, 1OldClown, and so called coaches don’t appreciate my efforts. What these coaches don’t realize is that most of them learned about football playing in my youth league. Despite the scorn I receive on here I will continue to impart my knowledge of football on the youth and I will express my opinion on coach T. 

On 2/23/2023 at 11:22 AM, MurphyCollege said:

I don’t know either. But I think he’d have a better chance under the guy that developed a tusculum commit and the vandy commit instead of the guy that got shutout by arrowmont. JMO though. I was worried about next year until I got on coach t and read that I was just spewing venom. Obviously the coaches we got from kodak are doing a fantastic job and I for one trust the process. GoBears and #JDIR. And we all know why arrowmont recruits so well. Been going on since the 80s. Had NIL before NIL was cool. They did go outside for the past 2 coaches. I thought Rang did a good job and it looks like Waggoner is doing a good job too, JMO though. Honestly, they may be the best team in the county. 

Waggoner is an excellent coach. He spent 3 seasons at my alma mater, one of which tied the school record for regular season wins. The only knock on him is that he never stays in one place too long. BTW, I like your style.

• Upvote 1

On 2/25/2023 at 5:13 PM, chs1984 said:

Waggoner is an excellent coach. He spent 3 seasons at my alma mater, one of which tied the school record for regular season wins. The only knock on him is that he never stays in one place too long. BTW, I like your style.

Thanks. You seem to have good insight on high school football and I enjoy your posts. I can’t really blame the guy for moving every couple of years. Not staying at a job for long seems to be the way of the world now. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FBisphysical said:

Wow, thanks Murph thinking I am a coach. Never coached, just enjoy the game and sports in general. But glad to see your qualifications for demeaning coaches on here is youth football coaching. Tells us all everything we need to know. 

You expect me to believe you enjoy sports? After what you saw on the field last year and you still support the coaches tells me all I need to know. Oline standing straight up is bad coaching. QB hesitant and bad feetwork is bad coaching. Pre snap read and that 3 step drop is developed in practice. You either don’t know the game, or you’re one of the “coaches” that helped develop that bad “offense”. As far as qualifications, I played pro ball and I coached middle school ball. Overall best record for middle school coaches in sevier county. So yeah I’m qualified to express my opinion on football. What’s your qualifications Mr. FBisnotmything?

19 minutes ago, MurphyCollege said:

You expect me to believe you enjoy sports? After what you saw on the field last year and you still support the coaches tells me all I need to know. Oline standing straight up is bad coaching. QB hesitant and bad feetwork is bad coaching. Pre snap read and that 3 step drop is developed in practice. You either don’t know the game, or you’re one of the “coaches” that helped develop that bad “offense”. As far as qualifications, I played pro ball and I coached middle school ball. Overall best record for middle school coaches in sevier county. So yeah I’m qualified to express my opinion on football. What’s your qualifications Mr. FBisnotmything?

Interesting, What pro-team did you play for?