Johnny Drennan '85 Memorial Inv Preview

WrestlingGod

2 hours ago, WrestlingGod said:

Its the toughest in state individual tournament this year. 

I would totally agree that it's the toughest invitational tournament in Tennessee!  Only a combined Tennessee State Tournament would possibly be more difficult.

As of 11am the team total is down to 54 and the total # of wrestlers competing is 568.

9 teams will have all 14 weight classes, 8 teams with 13 weights and 8 teams with 12 weights, the remaining with various #'s represented.

Brackets are still being built, but seeding has been completed.

#1 & #2 seeds as of 11am 

106 - #1 - Tran - Father Ryan; #2 - Ritchie - McCallie

113 - #1 -Walker - Cleveland; #2 - Heady - Union County

120 - #1 -Raney - Union County; #2 Terrell - Bradley Central

126 - #1 -Raney - Union County; #2 - Ellison - Cleveland

132 - #1 -Lipsey - Bradley Central; #2 - Anderson - Athens

138 - #1 -Maholtz - Eastside; #2 - Deselle - Summit

145 - #1 -Rusi - MBA; #2 Wittman - Franklin

152 - #1 -McGehee - MUS; #2 - Fowler - Cleveland

160 - #1 -Fowler - Cleveland; #2 Jameson - Summit

170 - #1 -Gibbs - Brentwood; #2 - Kon - Independence

182 - #1 -Brenot - Clarksville; #2 - Ricketts - Union County

195 - #1 -Atwood - Trousdale; #2 - Virzi - Paducah Tilghman

220 - #1 -Fisher - MBA; #2 - Styblo - Centennial

285 - #1 -Stutts - MUS; #2 - Gentle - McCallie

Edited by barbwire

38 minutes ago, barbwire said:

As of 11am the team total is down to 54 and the total # of wrestlers competing is 568.

9 teams will have all 14 weight classes, 8 teams with 13 weights and 8 teams with 12 weights, the remaining with various #'s represented.

Brackets are still being built, but seeding has been completed.

#1 & #2 seeds as of 11am 

106 - #1 - Tran - Father Ryan; #2 - Ritchie - McCallie

113 - #1 -Walker - Cleveland; #2 - Heady - Union County

120 - #1 -Raney - Union County; #2 Terrell - Bradley Central

126 - #1 -Raney - Union County; #2 - Ellison - Cleveland

132 - #1 -Lipsey - Bradley Central; #2 - Anderson - Athens

138 - #1 -Maholtz - Eastside; #2 - Deselle - Summit

145 - #1 -Rusi - MBA; #2 Wittman - Franklin

152 - #1 -McGehee - MUS; #2 - Fowler - Cleveland

160 - #1 -Fowler - Cleveland; #2 Jameson - Summit

170 - #1 -Gibbs - Brentwood; #2 - Kon - Independence

182 - #1 -Brenot - Clarksville; #2 - Ricketts - Union County

195 - #1 -Atwood - Trousdale; #2 - Virzi - Paducah Tilghman

220 - #1 -Fisher - MBA; #2 - Styblo - Centennial

285 - #1 -Stutts - MUS; #2 - Gentle - McCallie

138 seeds seem off with Desselle being a returning champ here and medaling at Beast of the East and Maholtz didnt but 126 seeds ARE off. How did Ellison get seeded higher than Jarvis Little? They have a head to head just a few weeks ago

12 hours ago, WrestlingGod said:

138 seeds seem off with Desselle being a returning champ here and medaling at Beast of the East and Maholtz didnt but 126 seeds ARE off. How did Ellison get seeded higher than Jarvis Little? They have a head to head just a few weeks ago

Finish chewing your food and swallow your drink, I dont want anyone choking. I was told it was bc his "track ranking" was higher. Not kidding. To be even more specific, I was told pretty much the entire tournament was seeded by "track rankings". Not sure how accurate this is, but it does apply in the Jarvis and Bentley situation bc that's one that caught my attention as well. 2 seed and 3 seed dont matter near as much as 3 and 4 do, but a H2H win is a H2H win. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, FargoStrut said:

Finish chewing your food and swallow your drink, I dont want anyone choking. I was told it was bc his "track ranking" was higher. Not kidding. To be even more specific, I was told pretty much the entire tournament was seeded by "track rankings". Not sure how accurate this is, but it does apply in the Jarvis and Bentley situation bc that's one that caught my attention as well. 2 seed and 3 seed dont matter near as much as 3 and 4 do, but a H2H win is a H2H win. 

Excellent points. When a stud is miss seeded it s like sidewinder missile out of control in his weight. Usually the true number 2 seed pays for it.

Absolutely an awesome tournament!  Great matches and upsets in every weight class except maybe 106.  Eastside out of SC was a pleasant surprise with a team full of hammers.  I loved the kid from Trousdale County, the only person on the team, taking 1st place.  2 long days but the best wrestling I have seen in years.  Oh…and didn’t realize the twins from Union County KY were only freshman.  Those guys are special.  Simpson will have to do something very special to top this year’s event in my opinion!