Who should or could be the next football coach at Oak Ridge?

bounder

9 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I like the idea of Coach Witten.

Also, just saw Coach Edmiston of Greenback resigned for more family time. Would he be interested in Oak Ridge or OR  in him?

Willie they pretty much ran him off. The past principal there who was from Maryville was the most hated human being in Greenback and hired Edmiston who also from Maryville. The principal took retirement in December leaving the coach to deal with an angry fan base and just resigned as to deal with it. He really didn't have any choice. Most people I have talked to from Greenback have told me their biggest fault with him was his poor selection of plays he called which would end up costing them a game. The other part of the story was the principal told the fan support base he would not hire anyone with Greenback ties which started the whole mess. He may be a great assistant coach for someone.

1 minute ago, catswild said:

It's good to know that you're serious and I don't expect you to divulge your source, but how accurate to you think your source is?

They know OR isn't willing to shuck out the big bucks to get the twins or Whiten. Cleveland is though and still getting turned down. Have a feeling who possibly may land at Cleveland. Only OR can mess this up or something I don't know about. If everything I heard was right things will be in good hands at OR and that's what we're all hoping.

16 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

They know OR isn't willing to shuck out the big bucks to get the twins or Whiten. Cleveland is though and still getting turned down. Have a feeling who possibly may land at Cleveland. Only OR can mess this up or something I don't know about. If everything I heard was right things will be in good hands at OR and that's what we're all hoping.

I'm intrigued and hope you're not "playing me"...my question is  "do you know the new coach personally" and did HE tell you this or are you relying on rumor or second hand information?

Edited by catswild

55 minutes ago, catswild said:

I'm intrigued and hope you're not "playing me"...my question is  "do you know the new coach personally" and did HE tell you this or are you relying on rumor or second hand information?

The person that told me usually knows what their talking about. They felt good that it will be person. If I'm wrong it didn't work out but either case I will say who It was  after the fact. Seriously not playing games because I like Oak Ridge and I hope this person gets that job. It's the only person in my honest opinion that could get that program out of a mess.