LA coach Kevin Mawae

theawesomebro

After reading the comments on this thread and then watching the highlights of this game, I don't think LA played terrible. From watching those highlights, I would say LA's weakest link is the OL, at least in this game. Which is crazy considering the HC was an NFL o-lineman. CB and LB were out of position a lot and there were some dropped passes that were catchable. @theawesomebro is that the QB that transferred in? Looks slow, but made some good throws on the run. Looking for LA to get win 1 this week.

3 hours ago, stangsby3 said:

After reading the comments on this thread and then watching the highlights of this game, I don't think LA played terrible. From watching those highlights, I would say LA's weakest link is the OL, at least in this game. Which is crazy considering the HC was an NFL o-lineman. CB and LB were out of position a lot and there were some dropped passes that were catchable. @theawesomebro is that the QB that transferred in? Looks slow, but made some good throws on the run. Looking for LA to get win 1 this week.

yes, that's the QB.  I think for the time they had to prep, he did pretty well.  love his grit for sure!  you may be right about the o line but we played 2 really good d lines which we will not see again on that level.

1 hour ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

You lost to one of the top teams in the country just like any other team from Tennessee would have.

Then you lost to a top ranked Alabama team ON THE ROAD by 1.

Back off the ledge. Beating up on the Glencliffs, Goodpastures and BGAs of the world spoiled you. TD would not have fared any better.

if you mean me, i'm not on the ledge at all.  I think our D is pretty special but our offense needs some work which should come with time.  we do lack explosive speed and that won't change.  just trying to be realistic.  i'm sad we lost to saraland but think we played pretty well on the road.  just a heart breaking way to lose. 

on to some region play!

11 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

yes, that's the QB.  I think for the time they had to prep, he did pretty well.  love his grit for sure!  you may be right about the o line but we played 2 really good d lines which we will not see again on that level.

if you mean me, i'm not on the ledge at all.  I think our D is pretty special but our offense needs some work which should come with time.  we do lack explosive speed and that won't change.  just trying to be realistic.  i'm sad we lost to saraland but think we played pretty well on the road.  just a heart breaking way to lose. 

on to some region play!

More directed at Justin Buck and CBG

44 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

on to some region play!

Absolutely! Those types of games will definitely make the guys a lot better. I haven't watched the IMG game and know nothing about either of the 2 teams y'all played, but OL was definitely getting beat on most of the plays against Saraland. I think if that wasn't an issue, y'all would have won that game. Its just hard for a QB to make his reads running for his life. Like you said, region play starts and y'all should be back on track. Any more games on the schedule that would be tough for LA? or should I say, you're on the fence about? 

43 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

More directed at Justin Buck and CBG

ok, thanks.  I was pretty down after the loss but tried to keep it in perspective.  

6 minutes ago, stangsby3 said:

Absolutely! Those types of games will definitely make the guys a lot better. I haven't watched the IMG game and know nothing about either of the 2 teams y'all played, but OL was definitely getting beat on most of the plays against Saraland. I think if that wasn't an issue, y'all would have won that game. Its just hard for a QB to make his reads running for his life. Like you said, region play starts and y'all should be back on track. Any more games on the schedule that would be tough for LA? or should I say, you're on the fence about? 

BA is looking like they are having the same growing pains or worse.  MBA looks to be rebuilding.  I think the chatt teams are going to be a big challenge.  on the other side of the bracket, I think ensworth is looking good so far.  so probably baylor is our next big challenge.

3 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

ok, thanks.  I was pretty down after the loss but tried to keep it in perspective.  

BA is looking like they are having the same growing pains or worse.  MBA looks to be rebuilding.  I think the chatt teams are going to be a big challenge.  on the other side of the bracket, I think ensworth is looking good so far.  so probably baylor is our next big challenge.

As long as the boarding schools are allowed to bring in kids from all over the world that have established an athletic record and they are immediately eligible it’s going to be difficult to win.

On 8/28/2023 at 12:01 PM, BobbyB said:

Streamed  the Oakland game against CG , not just one call the volume of penalties. My question is how do you make other out of state officiating accountable? The game you mention Oakland-LA , TSSAA can address. My point is I love seeing the big national games for TN teams but how do you make crews accountable?

I think that'll have to be address with the local association that assigned that specific game. You may have a "all star crew" for that game, but I don't think the local association (seems like it'll be out of Mobile) needs to treat it much bigger than what it is. 

If Saraland were to come to Nashville and play LA, and the TSSAA crew happens to screw up a call, then those respected refs will be held accountable by the TSSAA. That's my opinion.

6 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I think that'll have to be address with the local association that assigned that specific game. You may have a "all star crew" for that game, but I don't think the local association (seems like it'll be out of Mobile) needs to treat it much bigger than what it is. 

If Saraland were to come to Nashville and play LA, and the TSSAA crew happens to screw up a call, then those respected refs will be held accountable by the TSSAA. That's my opinion.

my understanding is that saraland is coming here next year.  I hope we treat them like honored guests...and beat their doors off so that no amount of calls makes any difference.

15 hours ago, cbg said:

As long as the boarding schools are allowed to bring in kids from all over the world that have established an athletic record and they are immediately eligible it’s going to be difficult to win.

wouldnt use that boardin thing as a crutch excuse for losin

Recruiting is recruitin.....and if CBG talkin specific on Baylor & McCallie......nobody was complainin bout them 2 chattanooga boardin schools prior 19'.....

....Webb School & Kings Academy Board

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

1 hour ago, Booger said:

wouldnt use that boardin thing as a crutch excuse for losin

Recruiting is recruitin.....and if CBG talkin specific on Baylor & McCallie......nobody was complainin bout them 2 chattanooga boardin schools prior 19'.....

....Webb School & Kings Academy Board

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

And Webb has mopped the floor in girls basketball with its international all star teams the last few years.