Mr. and Miss Basketball Nominations Are Now Being Taken From The Media

CoachT

3 minutes ago, westtn12 said:

IMO the Hart girl from Gibson County was the one that really got snubbed. 

Yeah she has had a great career and has had her best games in the big games, which is what you should have. But Jada Harrison won the award this year by dominating in the postseason last year and dominating during the season this year.if Jada don’t win the award it is rigged. 

9 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah she has had a great career and has had her best games in the big games, which is what you should have. But Jada Harrison won the award this year by dominating in the postseason last year and dominating during the season this year.if Jada don’t win the award it is rigged. 

Jada deserves it! She is a senior , so she gets the nod! I can almost guarantee you Micah in AA & Davis in A will both win it next year! 

Edited by HawkGuy06

Well all know this is a popularity contest or who the powers that be really want to put in the forefront. I have seen all the kids in AA and AAA play. AA should be unanimous win for Jada Harrison if we really want to give the award to the best player in the class. Also, I wonder why Micah Hart was not a finalist, what she has done this year alone is amazing. In AAA, Lawson is the best overall player out of the three. It's the best time of the season now so let's see what happens

I don't really think anyone was snubbed. Jada Harrison by far is #1 choice for this award hands down. When you look at Beaty with 15 D1 offers and her consistency with the same AAU team, York and Beaty also had a better performance in the glass house last year. I'm not as familiar with Newman, but looking at stats, hers were higher too. Unfortunately there just aren't enough spots for everyone to become a finalist. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Well all know this is a popularity contest or who the powers that be really want to put in the forefront. I have seen all the kids in AA and AAA play. AA should be unanimous win for Jada Harrison if we really want to give the award to the best player in the class. Also, I wonder why Micah Hart was not a finalist, what she has done this year alone is amazing. In AAA, Lawson is the best overall player out of the three. It's the best time of the season now so let's see what happens

I agree 100%! I don’t understand for the sake of me why micah wasn’t a finalist! Jada is the clear winner imo but micah is just as good & probably more to her team than Jada do to hers. 

Lawson is a dog! I also agree she is by far the best overall player in AAA! She can do it all! If we need her to score 40 she will get it done! If we need assist, she will pass the ball to the open person! Fortunately for us we don’t need her to score 40! We 5 players that average double digits in scoring! So imo Upperman’s Abigail Johnson will probably win. Even tho Lawson is by far the better overall player imo! It’s tournament time so let the great games begin! Good to everyone(except if you’re in AAA) lol I am just kidding 

2 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I agree 100%! I don’t understand for the sake of me why micah wasn’t a finalist! Jada is the clear winner imo but micah is just as good & probably more to her team than Jada do to hers. 

Lawson is a dog! I also agree she is by far the best overall player in AAA! She can do it all! If we need her to score 40 she will get it done! If we need assist, she will pass the ball to the open person! Fortunately for us we don’t need her to score 40! We 5 players that average double digits in scoring! So imo Upperman’s Abigail Johnson will probably win. Even tho Lawson is by far the better overall player imo! It’s tournament time so let the great games begin! Good to everyone(except if you’re in AAA) lol I am just kidding 

Congratulations on Lawson being a Finalist. She is a great player and deserves it. Our 2019 team was very similar. We had 5 or 6 players that averaged 9 or 10 points. All of them done their jobs. Lots of great players in AA. Micah has been All State in all polls her Freshman and Sophomore years and has been huge in big games and deserves to be a Finalist. Beaty and Newman deserve it too as does Kee for Huntingdon. But there is only three and all are great players. You know Heather Butler didn’t win it in her HS career and she is the all time career scorer in OVC and went like 70-1 with 2 Gold Balls. Jada IMO has won the award by going undefeated this year and last year going undefeated in TN and beating GC, Huntingdon, Alcoa, York and Loretto and winning the Gold Ball That Loretto team was loaded. Good luck the rest of the way. When do you think y’all will play South Gibson??

Edited by pioneer42

11 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

When Heather Butler got snubbed of it two years in a row for what she done IMO I agree there is very little credibility in the award because yes it is a popularity contest. 

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

How long ago was that though?  Totally different situation. To say she was snubbed  would mean you are thinking she was a better choice than the three chosen. I don't think that's it here in 2023.  Just not enough spots and the overall stats per person and team were higher for these other girls. Hart has another shot at it next year without Jada in the picture. 

I am definitely ready to see how it all plays out in the glass house this year. Good luck to all!

39 minutes ago, Opm91 said:

How long ago was that though?  Totally different situation. To say she was snubbed  would mean you are thinking she was a better choice than the three chosen. I don't think that's it here in 2023.  Just not enough spots and the overall stats per person and team were higher for these other girls. Hart has another shot at it next year without Jada in the picture. 

I am definitely ready to see how it all plays out in the glass house this year. Good luck to all!

Some times the popularity contest does get it right but they have been wrong a bunch. Heather Butler got robbed. She dominated statewide three years in a row. I agree this year there are a lot of great players. Beaty and Newman are deserving as is Micah and Kee. Jada will win the award and should. Your statement about Beaty having a better performance than Micah at state last year I won’t agree. Ref took over the game with a fantom technical foul on the bench with 1:30 left in the game that took what would have been a tie game into a four point game. And Micah played really well in that game. Micah had 21. Beaty had 15. Micah shot a better percentage for sure. 

Edited by pioneer42

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Congratulations on Lawson being a Finalist. She is a great player and deserves it. Our 2019 team was very similar. We had 5 or 6 players that averaged 9 or 10 points. All of them done their jobs. Lots of great players in AA. Micah has been All State in all polls her Freshman and Sophomore years and has been huge in big games and deserves to be a Finalist. Beaty and Newman deserve it too as does Kee for Huntingdon. But there is only three and all are great players. You know Heather Butler didn’t win it in her HS career and she is the all time career scorer in OVC and went like 70-1 with 2 Gold Balls. Jada IMO has won the award by going undefeated this year and last year going undefeated in TN and beating GC, Huntingdon, Alcoa, York and Loretto and winning the Gold Ball That Loretto team was loaded. Good luck the rest of the way. When do you think y’all will play South Gibson??

Thanks. And yea I get it. District starts Thursday, so with only 4 teams I am assuming district championship will be next Saturday.