Mr. and Miss Basketball Nominations Are Now Being Taken From The Media

CoachT

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Some times the popularity contest does get it right but they have been wrong a bunch. Heather Butler got robbed. She dominated statewide three years in a row. I agree this year there are a lot of great players. Beaty and Newman are deserving as is Micah and Kee. Jada will win the award and should. Your statement about Beaty having a better performance than Micah at state last year I won’t agree. Ref took over the game with a fantom technical foul on the bench with 1:30 left in the game that took what would have been a tie game into a four point game. And Micah played really well in that game. Micah had 21. Beaty had 15. Micah shot a better percentage for sure. 

Harrison is a great player and very deserving. She controls every game I’ve seen her play in. She doesn’t get in a hurry but has another speed when she needs it. I think she can score whenever she wants to, but gets everyone else involved.

If Hart and Kee continue to play like the have, they will be 2 of the 3 next year. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

When Heather Butler got snubbed of it two years in a row for what she done IMO I agree there is very little credibility in the award because yes it is a popularity contest. 

I remember that stretch and that was an absolute travesty, especially for the years that she put together back to back. Heather B was/is a class act on and off the court, both at GC and UT Martin. 

6 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

I remember that stretch and that was an absolute travesty, especially for the years that she put together back to back. Heather B was/is a class act on and off the court, both at GC and UT Martin. 

I would feel the same way this year if Jada didn’t win it. There ought to be zero debate of who the AA Miss Basketball is. You know my blood is Gibson County thick but what Jada has done the last two years is phenomenal. Great player and person. She will be Miss Basketball 2022-2023 in AA. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I would feel the same way this year if Jada didn’t win it. There ought to be zero debate of who the AA Miss Basketball is. You know my blood is Gibson County thick but what Jada has done the last two years is phenomenal. Great player and person. She will be Miss Basketball 2022-2023 in AA. 

She is definitely special! 

10 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

She is definitely special! 

I am voting for the following:

Div II-A Jailyn Banks, MTCS

Div II-AA Sydney Main, Knox Catholic

1A- Blair Baugus, Wayne County

2A - Jada Harrison, Westview

3A- Ti'Mia Lawson, Jackson South Side

4A- Avery Treadwell, Bearden

Since this is a girl's thread on here, I won't post the boy's, but to "me"...I have confidence in all my choices. 

4 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Since this is a girl's thread on here, I won't post the boy's, but to "me"...I have confidence in all my choices. 

Are you actually one of the voters? Or are these just your personal selections?

16 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

I question all your votes if you didn’t vote for the 2024’ ESPN #1 player in the country Jaloni Cambridge from Ensworth is by far the better player & definitely means more to her team imo 

11 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Are you actually one of the voters? Or are these just your personal selections?

16 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

I agree with the rest lol

9 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I question all your votes if you didn’t vote for the 2024’ ESPN #1 player in the country Jaloni Cambridge from Ensworth is by far the better player & definitely means more to her team imo 

Ensworth is a loaded team. Someone from Ensworth has won it 3 years in a row, with Cambridge already being a past winner. Ensworth is a loaded team and will still be loaded after she graduates next year. For the career body of work, Mains has averaged over 20ppg since she was in 8th grade and is a 5'11" combo player, 4.0 student, with multiple offers as well. I expect Cambridge to win it this year again, but take her off the team and Ensworth is still as good w/l wise. Take Mains off Knox Catholic and they're sub 500. I'm not lobbying for anyone, but that's my position.