Mr. and Miss Basketball Nominations Are Now Being Taken From The Media

CoachT

Please consider voting for Alicia Polk for class A miss Basketball from Cornersville.  Averaging 
15 points, 6.1 rebounds, 3 assist , 1.5 steals per game. 4X all district player and 3X all tournament and is a 1000 point career scorer. 

Our strength of schedule has been really tough and she is putting up great numbers. She is the only senior on the team and is pure leader with a 4.0 GPA in the classroom. 

thank you! 

I go around to some area high schools to scope out talent and caught a game between Baylor School and Chattanooga Christian. Chattanooga Christian has an 8th grader playing on varsity and she is legit! This girl played like a seasoned veteran. I think she scored 35+ that night. I took to the internet to look her up and wow, she has talent for sure. Her name is Aubriyana Camp, but during the game they were calling her Bree or something like that.

Layla Bouldin, Junior, Van Buren County High School

Class A Miss Basketball

Layla is a solid player and leader for her team.  Layla is point guard but can run any position offensively and defensively.  Layal's stats for this 22-23 season.......Rebounds 4.2, 86% free throws, 21.2 points, 3.2 steals, 3.0 assists

Van Buren has played some great teams; Soddy Daisy, White Co, Clarkrange, Red Boiling Springs  and Layla's stats have been remarkable in those games.....her averages in those 8 games rebounds 6, 93% free throws, 26.6 points, 1.5 steals, and 2.1 assists

Looking at Layla's career she has 1554 points, 424 rebounds, 300 assists, 263 steals.

Layla is solid in the classroom as well maintaining at 4.1 GPA

Layla Bouldin is a great contender for Class A Miss Basketball and deserves much consideration for this honorable award

• Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 12:36 PM, LordBaller23 said:

I go around to some area high schools to scope out talent and caught a game between Baylor School and Chattanooga Christian. Chattanooga Christian has an 8th grader playing on varsity and she is legit! This girl played like a seasoned veteran. I think she scored 35+ that night. I took to the internet to look her up and wow, she has talent for sure. Her name is Aubriyana Camp, but during the game they were calling her Bree or something like that.

It’s fine if you want to publicize a relative. 

On 1/24/2023 at 6:52 PM, sportslover88 said:

Jada Harrison AA Martin Westview

115-7 (thru last night), since Jada started in her first game as a Freshman as the point guard. She could average 30 a night if she chose to, but she gets everyone involved. When I spoken with her, she's never even referenced or bragged about any game she's ever had. Her number will be retired at Westview when it's all said and done and she's team first. If memory serves me correct, I believe she's only missed 2 or 3 games her whole career and she's only fouled out of 1 or 2 games during that stretch. Good luck to all the finalists, but maybe the voters won't get caught up in a popularity contest. That's facts. 

• Like 2

I'm fortunate to have watched three of the Miss Basketball nominees in the past couple or three years. 

Maddie Newman of Gatlinburg Pittman and Sydney Mains of Knox Catholic caught my eye before I knew who they were, when they were underclassmen. Unaka's Lyndie Ramsey's reputation preceded her. I only recently saw her play in person.

Come what may, whatever the results, these girls and all of the others who are nominees can be proud of everything they have achieved. All are winners!

EDITI should have also mentioned Lauren Bailey of Greeneville and Abigail Johnson of Upperman. I've seen both play numerous times (especially Lauren Bailey) since they were Freshmen.

Edited by Americal198

1 hour ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

115-7 (thru last night), since Jada started in her first game as a Freshman as the point guard. She could average 30 a night if she chose to, but she gets everyone involved. When I spoken with her, she's never even referenced or bragged about any game she's ever had. Her number will be retired at Westview when it's all said and done and she's team first. If memory serves me correct, I believe she's only missed 2 or 3 games her whole career and she's only fouled out of 1 or 2 games during that stretch. Good luck to all the finalists, but maybe the voters won't get caught up in a popularity contest. That's facts. 

She is a special player and I’ve know since middle school that her future was bright! She could score 30+ a night but knows teams focus in on her so is ready to dish it out to spread it around. She makes all the players around her better when she’s on the floor. She’s played with these girls since middle school and it’s amazing how well they know each other on the court and that’s where she thrives. I can’t wait to see what all she does at MTSU!