Blackman

MidTennFootball

8 hours ago, MidStateFan1 said:

Thread has been quiet. How are things going? Has Blaze bought in to Coach K?

Hard to gauge at the moment but Its about what I expected so far,  All in all not overly excited about the general feel of the program. This young team will be a work in progress for a while. It is not just a youth and experience thing it is a physical/ size development thing. They are just not as mature as some other teams are gonna be this year. I may be completely wrong, but I think a .500  season would be a stretch.

5 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Hard to gauge at the moment but Its about what I expected so far,  All in all not overly excited about the general feel of the program. This young team will be a work in progress for a while. It is not just a youth and experience thing it is a physical/ size development thing. They are just not as mature as some other teams are gonna be this year. I may be completely wrong, but I think a .500  season would be a stretch.

They looked good but this is also where I’m at. I just feel like they have to get tougher and have some edge. Those kids are way too nice

2 hours ago, arshad221 said:

They looked good but this is also where I’m at. I just feel like they have to get tougher and have some edge. Those kids are way too nice

That has been an issue for way too long...I have said you have to go back 7-8 years to find a team that had some DAWGS. 

9Kids that would load up and lay a slobberknocker on you every chance they got. Kids that had real grit and passion. They have had plenty of talent over the years but you gotta go back to Shadowens days  at the helm to really find that edgieness. 

3 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

That has been an issue for way too long...I have said you have to go back 7-8 years to find a team that had some DAWGS. 

9Kids that would load up and lay a slobberknocker on you every chance they got. Kids that had real grit and passion. They have had plenty of talent over the years but you gotta go back to Shadowens days  at the helm to really find that edgieness. 

They have some pieces on both sides just have to have the right blend. But they do need to get more physical 

11 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

The schedule isn't as bad as it could be. They will probably  lose to both Ravenwood and Brentwood, but they are the only non-region games I see them losing. Riverdale is probably the favorite to be 2nd from what I am hearing, but Blackman should beat Rockvale and siegel so that puts them about 6-4.