Jump to content

Blackman


MidTennFootball
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, MidStateFan1 said:

Thread has been quiet. How are things going? Has Blaze bought in to Coach K?

Hard to gauge at the moment but Its about what I expected so far,  All in all not overly excited about the general feel of the program. This young team will be a work in progress for a while. It is not just a youth and experience thing it is a physical/ size development thing. They are just not as mature as some other teams are gonna be this year. I may be completely wrong, but I think a .500  season would be a stretch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Hard to gauge at the moment but Its about what I expected so far,  All in all not overly excited about the general feel of the program. This young team will be a work in progress for a while. It is not just a youth and experience thing it is a physical/ size development thing. They are just not as mature as some other teams are gonna be this year. I may be completely wrong, but I think a .500  season would be a stretch.

They looked good but this is also where I’m at. I just feel like they have to get tougher and have some edge. Those kids are way too nice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, arshad221 said:

They looked good but this is also where I’m at. I just feel like they have to get tougher and have some edge. Those kids are way too nice

That has been an issue for way too long...I have said you have to go back 7-8 years to find a team that had some DAWGS. 

9Kids that would load up and lay a slobberknocker on you every chance they got. Kids that had real grit and passion. They have had plenty of talent over the years but you gotta go back to Shadowens days  at the helm to really find that edgieness. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

That has been an issue for way too long...I have said you have to go back 7-8 years to find a team that had some DAWGS. 

9Kids that would load up and lay a slobberknocker on you every chance they got. Kids that had real grit and passion. They have had plenty of talent over the years but you gotta go back to Shadowens days  at the helm to really find that edgieness. 

They have some pieces on both sides just have to have the right blend. But they do need to get more physical 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Hard to gauge at the moment but Its about what I expected so far,  All in all not overly excited about the general feel of the program. This young team will be a work in progress for a while. It is not just a youth and experience thing it is a physical/ size development thing. They are just not as mature as some other teams are gonna be this year. I may be completely wrong, but I think a .500  season would be a stretch.

The schedule isn't as bad as it could be. They will probably  lose to both Ravenwood and Brentwood, but they are the only non-region games I see them losing. Riverdale is probably the favorite to be 2nd from what I am hearing, but Blackman should beat Rockvale and siegel so that puts them about 6-4. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Announcements




  • Recent Posts

    • This is all fun for me. Love the trash talk. I can dish it out and I can take it. Part of it. But Treys success is not gonna be by me. His mother nor I pressure him to do this at this level. We do however when he goes to practice push him to take it serious and get the most out of it while he’s there. We have learned a lot since he started when he turned 4. Kid loves it and hates to lose. I ask him if he wants to go to Tulsa every year up to him and he says yes. He trains hard and those tourneys are fun for him. This journey we are on has created a lot of friends and met some great people and went to places he would have never went. But me wanting to live through him is not true at all. But I am addicted to wrestling with him. Love it and love being there daily. That’s where his friends are. So what people think of me has nothing to do with him. But I didn’t know if u had an issue with me since that post or two especially since I see you at tournaments watching Dillan. 
    • Agreed!  WC will refocus and win on Saturday!!
    • Upperman outplayed and out coached WC. Both teams will still make it to Murfreesboro. Let’s do it one more time in the finals next week!!
    • Sometimes a loss is the best thing that can happen to you! Its been awhile since wc lost a game. Time to refocus. 
×
  • Create New...