Blackman

MidTennFootball

1 minute ago, sumcofootball said:

Going to need to make a big hire. All these kids transferred to Blackman to get in Tygard's system now this is going to shake up some things. 

A bunch of the ones that did are graduating. Blackman being in the same county as Oakland is gonna scare some off from applying.

I do think Blackman was on the right trail bringing in someone with a much different offensive scheme than Oakland. They do however need a guy who will toughen them up, or at least a DC that will. It's been awhile since they've had a defense I would consider above average to good

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

A bunch of the ones that did are graduating. Blackman being in the same county as Oakland is gonna scare some off from applying.

I do think Blackman was on the right trail bringing in someone with a much different offensive scheme than Oakland. They do however need a guy who will toughen them up, or at least a DC that will. It's been awhile since they've had a defense I would consider above average to good

Agreed, my boy is class of 25 at Blackman and that group is pretty good. He said “daddy I told the crew we gotta work harder” 

• Upvote 1

a little later than one would prefer...but thinkin the Blaze should be in a decent spot to attract a good coach....gonna need to be another aggressive strong personality with a good staff to keep and bring kids that may other wise end up over with the local GOAT...

...anxious to see what happens for the Blaze

Booger just sayin :thumb:

8 minutes ago, Booger said:

a little later than one would prefer...but thinkin the Blaze should be in a decent spot to attract a good coach....gonna need to be another aggressive strong personality with a good staff to keep and bring kids that may other wise end up over with the local GOAT...

...anxious to see what happens for the Blaze

Booger just sayin :thumb:

They can’t out recruit Oakland that’s for sure 

Edited by arshad221
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is interesting, because on some level I think it's better that they want to hire a coach that is different schematically then Creasy at Oakland, but I still think I would want someone this time whose more focused on the run game and playing great defense. Those seem to be what would help Blackman take the next steps. Just my opinion. Can't wait to see where this search goes.

3 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

A good hire will keep them going. Definitely need a good DC. Blackman will still be able to put points up but got to stop teams that shouldn't have put up as many points as they did. Tygard did a great job building up the youth programs and a lot of talent going into the middle school and high school in coming years. The high school will be fine with the right hire, I am more interested to see the effect on the youth programs. Because Tygard was very involved with all of it.

• Upvote 1

Blackman is a honey hole for the right coach, who is willing to sit down and stay for a little while. They have one of the best youth leagues  , and middle school funneling talent to the HS. 5 head coaches in ten years has pushed some of those kids to other HS’s. Some stability and it is a sleeping giant. 

15 minutes ago, DawgsPBS said:

Blackman is a honey hole for the right coach, who is willing to sit down and stay for a little while. They have one of the best youth leagues  , and middle school funneling talent to the HS. 5 head coaches in ten years has pushed some of those kids to other HS’s. Some stability and it is a sleeping giant. 

The real poison is in Blackman middle school... an unnamed  coach is telling parents and players they need to go to Rockvale or Oakland... so says some of the parents I have heard talking about swapping to Oakland 

• Upvote 1