Oak Ridge football 2023

SweetScience

1 hour ago, bounder said:

Where is everybody? SS, Catswild , Boy from SI even Hitch. Well maybe not Hitch.  What's the story on the Cats? QB situation/ Know we got a running back and some receivers but anybody else?

WILDCAT PRIDE 

I was going to wait until after the Fulton scrimmage.  Hope to catch a little practice today.  I'm still around!  Hard to tell about a team until after the hitting starts.

16 minutes ago, boyfromsi said:

I was going to wait until after the Fulton scrimmage.  Hope to catch a little practice today.  I'm still around!  Hard to tell about a team until after the hitting starts.

According to 5 Star Preps, there is a QB battle between Stansbury and Goins.  Garza, who started the last half of the year, is no longer on the team.  We have had some attrition from last year, but the team still looks pretty solid.  We'll know more for sure come Friday.   

Just now, MurphyCollege said:

The fact is the secret city hired the wrong coach

We all know that 1414 loves 6% more than a supplement. So when interest rates drop 1414 will drop pigskin and devote full attention to showing his listings. That’s when rang goes home. We all know that he lives in Blount county, we read it on the T. Cummins would have been a secret city lifer, and y’all traded him for a rental. 

• Thanks 1

Coach Rang is engaged to be married and they are building a house in Oak Ridge. But I have to admit I've had some of the same thoughts about  "When Derrick goes marching Home". Don't think it will happen though! Getting excited for this season to get started.

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, bounder said:

Coach Rang is engaged to be married and they are building a house in Oak Ridge. But I have to admit I've had some of the same thoughts about  "When Derrick goes marching Home". Don't think it will happen though! Getting excited for this season to get started.

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Great post. He may stay in the secret city. It’s a dream job for a lot of coaches. But FYI, learn how to spell Derek if you want to keep him. I sure do wish we would have hired him when we had the chance to. 

I was over in Oak Ridge all day Saturday keeping an eye on a job we were doing just up from Jefferson Middle School but I did get a moment to run up Kentucky Avenue where the old school used to set and read the marker that said "Our Memory Garden" and another one that had Oak Ridge High School 1943-1951. As I looked around and thought to myself Mr. Rang may not want to come back home if he can get this running without anyone's interference. He is going to have the athletes there that Maryville don't. He is also going to get that town fired up over Oak Ridge Football like it was when Emory Hale was there. I don't have a clue what is going on at Maryville or even who is starting but I guess I'll have to wait until next week and get surprised when Oak Ridge and Maryville play each other in a scrimmage. If any of you guys from Oak Ridge come over to see the game please let us know where your setting, and please come over to the Maryville side and not set in those hot bleachers with the sun in your eyes it's always fun catching up with you all.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I was over in Oak Ridge all day Saturday keeping an eye on a job we were doing just up from Jefferson Middle School but I did get a moment to run up Kentucky Avenue where the old school used to set and read the marker that said "Our Memory Garden" and another one that had Oak Ridge High School 1943-1951. As I looked around and thought to myself Mr. Rang may not want to come back home if he can get this running without anyone's interference. He is going to have the athletes there that Maryville don't. He is also going to get that town fired up over Oak Ridge Football like it was when Emory Hale was there. I don't have a clue what is going on at Maryville or even who is starting but I guess I'll have to wait until next week and get surprised when Oak Ridge and Maryville play each other in a scrimmage. If any of you guys from Oak Ridge come over to see the game please let us know where your setting, and please come over to the Maryville side and not set in those hot bleachers with the sun in your eyes it's always fun catching up with you all.

I hope you're right about Rang staying around because I'm hearing good things about him. Who would interfere with him? Hopefully nobody!

• Sad 1

On 7/25/2023 at 1:18 PM, MurphyCollege said:

We all know that 1414 loves 6% more than a supplement. So when interest rates drop 1414 will drop pigskin and devote full attention to showing his listings. That’s when rang goes home. We all know that he lives in Blount county, we read it on the T. Cummins would have been a secret city lifer, and y’all traded him for a rental. 

What you say about Rang going to Maryville might be a fact but he is building a house in OR while Cummins bought a house in West Knox after getting the OR job, so I'm not sure he would have been a "lifer". 

3 hours ago, wolfgang said:

What you say about Rang going to Maryville might be a fact but he is building a house in OR while Cummins bought a house in West Knox after getting the OR job, so I'm not sure he would have been a "lifer". 

Rang has everything in the world going for him right now and would be crazy to leave there for anywhere else. Maryville just don't have the athletes it once had plus the leadership in charge really don't give a rats azz about the football program. You might see a lot of Maryville fans loading up to come to Oak Ridge on Friday Nights if things at the top keep messing up over here.