Smith County’s Head Coach

UCSportsFan

Smith County will play in a substate game for the 1st time in 45 years. Credit definitely goes to the young ladies that are playing the game without a doubt. But it’s time Coach Ferrell is recognized for what he is. One of the very best coaches in this state!  What a tremendous job he has done in the short time he has been there. He HAS to be considered for Coach Of The Year in Tennessee.  Congratulations to Smith County and credit goes to the administration for hiring this very talented hard working Coach!

Edited by UCSportsFan

1 hour ago, Khall555 said:

Let’s be honest Smith has a losing record and they beat Westmoreland on their 4th attempt and play in a very easy Region. Certainly not “Coach of the year” status 

I wonder how long he stays, Smith isn’t known to care about Girls’ Basketball and there is much better jobs out there. 

Which makes my point even that much more if he can win at Smith County there should be some big-time programs looking at him in the very near future! If I was SMITH County, and wanted a girls basketball program, I would figure out a bonus system for him

He's been doing it for a LONG time at the Jr High level..... VERY SUCCESSFUL programs that he sent on to Pickett Co HS..... he's turned down other HS jobs in the past.....

He also has one of the top summer programs in the southeast.... helping MULTIPLE kids get college scholarships....

He does it for all the right reasons..... success will follow him wherever he goes

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Which makes my point even that much more if he can win at Smith County there should be some big-time programs looking at him in the very near future! If I was SMITH County, and wanted a girls basketball program, I would figure out a bonus system for him

Looking at his new district, he better be able to beat Westmoreland in the Regional tournament because he will be playing them a lot every February. Smith has a decent shot at the state tournament this year. Neither team from 4AA looks like a juggernaut but it will be hard to win on the road because they better forget about beating York tomorrow night. 

On 2/27/2023 at 10:41 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Smith County will play in a substate game for the 1st time in 45 years. Credit definitely goes to the young ladies that are playing the game without a doubt. But it’s time Coach Ferrell is recognized for what he is. One of the very best coaches in this state!  What a tremendous job he has done in the short time he has been there. He HAS to be considered for Coach Of The Year in Tennessee.  Congratulations to Smith County and credit goes to the administration for hiring this very talented hard working Coach!

Dude is mediocre.  He's not bad, but he's not great.  Nowhere near coach of the year dude.  Plus, knowing who you are, he's a close personal friend to you, so a little bias there. He's no Mcwilliams, or Riddle, so settle down over there.

2 hours ago, ghostofthepast2021 said:

Dude is mediocre.  He's not bad, but he's not great.  Nowhere near coach of the year dude.  Plus, knowing who you are, he's a close personal friend to you, so a little bias there. He's no Mcwilliams, or Riddle, so settle down over there.

Lol no way they are close personal friends. No offense, JG.