William Blount 2023

GovForce1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, strongx said:

Not very well. The impact from the hire of the previous coach will be felt for a few more years.

Your totally spot on. The damages Shad done will rattle this program for years to come. Even though I like Robert Reves it would take some kind of super coach to convince families with young kids WB would be the place to come play football. It's like running over a skunk, takes a long time for the smell to go away.

On 3/10/2023 at 1:01 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

Some programs hit the bottom but I'm not so sure this is the bottom as a coma on life support. Like I said Shad stayed to long and wasn't committed or wouldn't pulled all the shenanigans like a week off during fall break while applying for every opening coming and going among other things. That's why we all gave WB so much grief on here  hoping he would get the hint and leave because it was evident no one was calling him down on it. The difference between Robert Reeves and Shad is one is a class act and the other is a Flim Flam Man. I think Robert is going to have a hard time and nothing against him but it may break an older man into with the shape this program is in waiting for the feeder system to start bearing fruit when it's actually not even started blooming yet.

Some programs, like WB, just hit the bottom and live there

45 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Some programs, like WB, just hit the bottom and live there

The DNA in William Blount came mostly from Friendsville High School back in 1978 where football was hit or miss but mainly a miss but basketball saved the school from total humiliation just as it's decendants at WB carry the same torch brought down from one generation to the next. Unfortunately the program was bred like this from the beginning and it has beaten many coaches down that have tried to change it. The last coach (Shad) let the cattle out of the fence and let them run wild  especially during fall break time. It will take a miricale to even get this program back to Friendsville standards which wasn't much. The Union County game will be the one to watch for the Bottom Breeders Cup Award for 2023 I believe.

4 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The DNA in William Blount came mostly from Friendsville High School back in 1978 where football was hit or miss but mainly a miss but basketball saved the school from total humiliation just as it's decendants at WB carry the same torch brought down from one generation to the next. Unfortunately the program was bred like this from the beginning and it has beaten many coaches down that have tried to change it. The last coach (Shad) let the cattle out of the fence and let them run wild  especially during fall break time. It will take a miricale to even get this program back to Friendsville standards which wasn't much. The Union County game will be the one to watch for the Bottom Breeders Cup Award for 2023 I believe.

Lol Bottom Breeders Cup.

Edited by SweetScience