Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest in 4AAAA

Blaze45

11 minutes ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

I definitely spoke too soon on Bearden. Heck of a game. 2 wins away.

I thought getting by Bearden would be their biggest obstacle - though I admit I don't know much about some of the teams from the West. This win may propel them to the championship game. 

Great win for Cookeville!  I don’t think everybody was taking them as seriously as the other three in this bracket. They are very good and it should be a great game against BC on Friday. I wonder what Blackmans coach thinks about those technical foul calls on two of his players for running their mouth after a jump ball? Acting crazy cost them 4 points and possession of the ball each time. Cudos to the players from Cookeville for keeping their composure. Let’s go Cavs!

Edited by UCSportsFan

16 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Great win for Cookeville!  I don’t think everybody was taking them as seriously as the other three in this bracket. They are very good and it should be a great game against BC on Friday. I wonder what Blackmans coach thinks about those technical foul calls on two of his players for running their mouth after a jump ball? Acting crazy cost them 4 points and possession of the ball each time. Cudos to the players from Cookeville for keeping their composure. Let’s go Cavs!

I am sure the coaches are not liking it at all. you gotta be disciplined and hold composure, Blaze could not shoot the gimmes...missed way to many layups and shots underneath. I would say Cookeville played a great game and Blackman couldn't answer when they had too. I would have taken my chances driving the lane  and trying to draw the foul. 

Edited by Blaze45

Who was it saying Cookeville shouldn’t be on the top 20 list this year?  I can’t remember….  

Show me a team with better wins than Cookeville…..I’l

35 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I am sure the coaches are not liking it at all. you gotta be disciplined and hold composure, Blaze could not shoot the gimmes...missed way to many layups and shots underneath. I would say Cookeville played a great game and Blackman couldn't answer when they had too. I would have taken my chances driving the lane  and trying to draw the foul. 

Cookeville played the same way they have played all year.   They did turn the ball over more than usual and they didn’t rebound as well as normal but their defense was solid.  They made shots and when the game was on the line they knocked down the shots that counted.  I think Cookeville led 75% of the game.  It was a great basketball game.  The last Blackman possession was a great defensive possession for Cookeville.  The Blaze couldn’t get the ball to player they wanted to have the ball.  But those teams are very evenly matched.   I think Fridays will be another great game.  

The refs were blowing the whistle too much today for sure.  I think they called 8 fouls on Bearden in the first quarter!  That game changed when BC point guard fouled out with 6 min left in the 4th.  Hopefully the refs will calm down by Friday.  

22 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Who was it saying Cookeville shouldn’t be on the top 20 list this year?  I can’t remember….  

Show me a team with better wins than Cookeville…..I’l

Cookeville played the same way they have played all year.   They did turn the ball over more than usual and they didn’t rebound as well as normal but their defense was solid.  They made shots and when the game was on the line they knocked down the shots that counted.  I think Cookeville led 75% of the game.  It was a great basketball game.  The last Blackman possession was a great defensive possession for Cookeville.  The Blaze couldn’t get the ball to player they wanted to have the ball.  But those teams are very evenly matched.   I think Fridays will be another great game.  

The refs were blowing the whistle too much today for sure.  I think they called 8 fouls on Bearden in the first quarter!  That game changed when BC point guard fouled out with 6 min left in the 4th.  Hopefully the refs will calm down by Friday.  

Whoever said they didn’t belong in the top 20 needs their head examined! Looking forward to watching them play in the semi’s :-)