AA State Tournament

Let’s hear the predictions.  

GC/Riverside

GP/ McMinn

Community/Scott’s Hill

Westview/ York

I’m expecting 2 battles and and 1 that’s not gonna be close.  Not sure about community.  Definitely expect them to win but not sure by how much.  Wouldn’t be surprised if GC gets to rest the starters a little against riverside.   

GC by 20+

McMinn by 4

Community by 15

Westview by 5

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

GC over Riverside by alot

McMinn by 15

McMinn is way underrated!! 

Scotts Hill over Community

Community just didn’t look good in sectional.  I think they will struggle on the big stage.

York over Westview by 12

Close game with York pulling away with FTs late.  

I like all but a couple. Not sure about Scotts Hill and Community going that way, I don't know enough about either of them. 

If York beats WV by 12, that'll be only the 2nd time in 4 years (considering their 8 losses over that period) that they lost a game by 12 points which is their highest deficit of those losses in that period for this group. I believe the other time they've had a loss like that was against Grainger four years ago at State when these seniors were freshmen. 

I think it'll be a little bit closer than 12 points (either way), but York is the favorite going in (IMO) based on the eye test. 

2 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

I like all but a couple. Not sure about Scotts Hill and Community going that way, I don't know enough about either of them. 

If York beats WV by 12, that'll be only the 2nd time in 4 years (considering their 8 losses over that period) that they lost a game by 12 points which is their highest deficit of those losses in that period for this group. I believe the other time they've had a loss like that was against Grainger four years ago at State when these seniors were freshmen. 

I think it'll be a little bit closer than 12 points (either way), but York is the favorite going in (IMO) based on the eye test. 

Yeah I figured that one would stand out but York is really that good.   I do think it will be close till the end.   This is not the the same York team as last year!  If it comes down to FT like I think then I will take York by 12.  

4 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

GC over Riverside by alot

McMinn by 15

McMinn is way underrated!! 

Scotts Hill over Community

Community just didn’t look good in sectional.  I think they will struggle on the big stage.

York over Westview by 12

Close game with York pulling away with FTs late.  

The officiating was horribly inconsistent in the Community/Smith Co. sectional game. Take nothing away from Smith, but the officials would blow their whistle without even knowing what the call was. Saw that happen a few times in that game. That, and they couldn't decide what a foul was.

1 hour ago, Allthetalk said:

A lot of folks picking against Westview. The old saying is to be the man you got to beat the man. I will go with them to win it all again with all the returning players they bring back to the boro. 

lol. One thing I will say about WV fans, they let the play do the talking and just sit back for the most part while everyone else chirps at them. Any team going to the House has a chance at this point in the season, and there are no pushovers at this point.

Win or lose, they don't really complain about losses and they tend to treat it like a business in winning & losing. I've spoken with past players when they were upset just after getting beat at the tourney, and I've never had one say that they were crying over the loss.... but they were upset about the group leaving and their friendships/teamwork that would be missed. 

It's going to be a good tourney. 

1 hour ago, Allthetalk said:

A lot of folks picking against Westview. The old saying is to be the man you got to beat the man. I will go with them to win it all again with all the returning players they bring back to the boro. 

Don't take it personal. Many of us are more aware of and have seen York's ability..... it's a geographical thing. 
Westview has a great tradition, and I'm sure they're very capable of winning gold.