Elizabethton vs Southside

Bigslydog1983

Seemed like every 50/50 whistle went for JSS late and in overtime… go look at the play with 1:12 left in the game and Eliz up 1… Lawson gets the ball at the high post and completely changes her pivot foot… They don’t call the walk, she drives and fouls out renna lane… huge play in the game that officials in that high level of a game should never miss… 

9 minutes ago, yahyah said:

Seemed like every 50/50 whistle went for JSS late and in overtime… go look at the play with 1:12 left in the game and Eliz up 1… Lawson gets the ball at the high post and completely changes her pivot foot… They don’t call the walk, she drives and fouls out renna lane… huge play in the game that officials in that high level of a game should never miss… 

Lol. So one play won or loss the game! Stop it! 

7 minutes ago, WestTnBasketball1234 said:

All I was hearing from the SS fans was the reds were cheating yall 

I didn’t see any “cheating”. That’s a word that should be avoided when discussing referees. They called some touchy stuff out front and let some harder stuff go in the paint. Not saying the game was officiated well, but no cheating.

A game being officiated this way was my biggest concern for South Side coming into the tournament. There seems to be a couple every year that end up with multiple players fouling out due to touch fouls while players get hammered around the basket with no calls. South Side survived, which is all that matters. Lawson was unbelievable.

One of the best state tournament games I’ve ever seen.

Anybody know where #4 for Elizabethton is playing college ball? Not many players run past South Side’s guards like she did

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, maddams said:

I didn’t see any “cheating”. That’s a word that should be avoided when discussing referees. They called some touchy stuff out front and let some harder stuff go in the paint. Not saying the game was officiated well, but no cheating.

A game being officiated this way was my biggest concern for South Side coming into the tournament. There seems to be a couple every year that end up with multiple players fouling out due to touch fouls while players get hammered around the basket with no calls. South Side survived, which is all that matters. Lawson was unbelievable.

One of the best state tournament games I’ve ever seen.

Anybody know where #4 for Elizabethton is playing college ball? Not many players run past South Side’s guards like she did

I agree just repeating what I heard from SS fans 

How did the final play where Betsy was a the foul line unfold. Is it true that they coulda iced the game but missed 2 free throws? If so then all this discussion about the refs doesn’t matter. You gotta hit those shots if you’re playing championship ball. Unfortunately i haven’t had an opportunity to watch the replay. IF those free throws were the difference that’s a tough way to lose.