Oliver Springs

From what I’ve heard this should be one of the best teams to ever come through this school, would be curious as to if that’s an accurate statement.  They must feel pretty confident putting the Pirates on their schedule right out the gate on game 1. The Pirates are loaded from what I’m hearing and if my source wasn’t pulling my chain have some of the best looking freshman collectively that has ever came through that program and that’s saying a lot. 

1 hour ago, Headhunter42 said:

From what I’ve heard this should be one of the best teams to ever come through this school, would be curious as to if that’s an accurate statement.  They must feel pretty confident putting the Pirates on their schedule right out the gate on game 1. The Pirates are loaded from what I’m hearing and if my source wasn’t pulling my chain have some of the best looking freshman collectively that has ever came through that program and that’s saying a lot. 

You still west of Chattanooga? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message?

10 hours ago, Headhunter42 said:

That should be a good measuring stick when it comes to both teams then. I wonder if they can get over the hump and beat Coalfield like we should be able to. 

1 hour ago, Fanofballs365 said:

You think so? I believe we can come out and be competitive with them. We should be better, but haven't really heard much when it comes to if anyone has left. 

Yes from what was posted last year about the underclassmen,they are about to be South Pitt again!I really don't know of any teams on our side that will compete. Unless Gordy was young but I'm thinking not so.Everyone also lost alot.OS may be 2nd or 3rd in our region but that don't mean much right now.CF lost a few but should still win the region,Rockwood will challenge.We (Greenback) have a mess to fix before we can start really competing for the top two spots.I hope the new Coach can hit the ground running but to much turmoil on the team to fix at first but who knows we are Greenback and we have tough hard nosed kids that need to be reminded of that!

On 3/8/2023 at 7:58 PM, Headhunter42 said:

The Pirates are loaded from what I’m hearing and if my source wasn’t pulling my chain have some of the best looking freshman collectively that has ever came through that program and that’s saying a lot. 

Where is this information coming from?  I hope you’re right, but I haven’t heard expectations like that statement. 

Well I think we’ve all heard the possibilities for this next year for the Pirates.  Several factors to consider. Outside of loosing their best over all player in the Mount kid, the tall receiver, two offensive linemen and their primary RB everyone is back which includes 3 of the 4 All State selections. The Mr. football candidate at QB, their do it all receiver/DB speedster and one of the best inside linebackers I’ve seen in awhile along with the tall rangy track star at outside linebacker and oh yea the 6’5 freshman that will be sophomore that every private school in the area is after already and let’s not forget the strongest freshman 300 pounder offensive lineman that’s probably one of the strongest freshman to ever go through that program couple all that with maybe the best current overall Freshman class and upcoming freshman classes that they’ve had along with Fayetteville moving up a class, Gordonsville graduating around 20 kids and McKenzie around the same. Unless someone’s putting a special group together out west the Pirates just might be as strong for the next 4 years as they’ve ever been. Nobody’s talking about it cause all the factors are well documented and obvious. And if they bring any new kids in then good luck to who ever they play cause it sure don’t look like they need much in additions to win it all.