Way Too Early 23-24 AA top preseason teams

HawkGuy06

7 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Hopefully the PG will be ok. The Westview assistant said it was an ankle. Prayers that she is Ok. They made some big shots in the first half. Alexander is a great shooter. Had about 4 or 5 lead changes in the game. Gibson County shot the ball as good as they have all year in the second half. I do think the Westview Gibson County future matchups will be tough games as they always are. Haskins is a great coach and will learn from this and regroup. 

She’s out for the season from what I hear. Yes the game was a tale of two halves tonight. Westview hung for one half but Gibson co hit some shots and Westview didn’t in the second half and then it got away

3 hours ago, westtn12 said:

Gibson County just beat the AA defending state champion by 24….

Very proud of our girls performance tonight. First half and first part of second half had 4 or 5 lead changes. Alexander can really shoot the ball. Westview, Gibson County and Peabody all are good teams. 

1 minute ago, sportslover88 said:

She’s out for the season from what I hear. Yes the game was a tale of two halves tonight. Westview hung for one half but Gibson co hit some shots and Westview didn’t in the second half and then it got away

I sure do hope not. She is a great player. Assistant told me it was her ankle and that he thought she would be Ok. Never know though. Hopefully she will get better this week with some likely rest with the snow. She hit a couple of big shots herself. I was impressed with her. I do think every game will be a dogfight. Tonight and chapter 1 went to Gibson County but these games can go either way on a given night. 

43 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I sure do hope not. She is a great player. Assistant told me it was her ankle and that he thought she would be Ok. Never know though. Hopefully she will get better this week with some likely rest with the snow. She hit a couple of big shots herself. I was impressed with her. I do think every game will be a dogfight. Tonight and chapter 1 went to Gibson County but these games can go either way on a given night. 

Broken ankle…out for season

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Very proud of our girls performance tonight. First half and first part of second half had 4 or 5 lead changes. Alexander can really shoot the ball. Westview, Gibson County and Peabody all are good teams. 

Good win tonight! 

31 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Good win tonight! 

I appreciate it Hawk. The first half was about a good of battle as you will see. Both teams were throwing punches. Both teams led a few times. Gibson County got hot in the second half and started hitting a bunch of shots. Thought our team played very aggressive especially offensively. Sad deal to see the young star PG get hurt. Very good player and really fun to watch. Prayers for this young lady and the players, coaches and her family. 

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I appreciate it Hawk. The first half was about a good of battle as you will see. Both teams were throwing punches. Both teams led a few times. Gibson County got hot in the second half and started hitting a bunch of shots. Thought our team played very aggressive especially offensively. Sad deal to see the young star PG get hurt. Very good player and really fun to watch. Prayers for this young lady and the players, coaches and her family. 

The freshman point guard? I haven’t seen here play yet, but I hear she is very good! Prayers to her! 

Region 5 and Region 6 have 4 of Coach T top ten 2-A girl basketball teams.  Loretto, Summertown, Huntingdon and Cheatham County will battle it out for 2 spots to the state.  There are other good teams in these regions, but these are at the top of my picks.  I'm not sure there is a tougher road to the state, but this will make for some fun watching basketball.

4 hours ago, gogold said:

Region 5 and Region 6 have 4 of Coach T top ten 2-A girl basketball teams.  Loretto, Summertown, Huntingdon and Cheatham County will battle it out for 2 spots to the state.  There are other good teams in these regions, but these are at the top of my picks.  I'm not sure there is a tougher road to the state, but this will make for some fun watching basketball.

I hear Cannon County is pretty good in your Region. I didn't know until a few days ago that Cheatham County was in Huntingdon's Region. I would think Cheatham, Huntingdon, Summertown and Loretto favorites to be in substate. Heard Loretto and Summertown with another big battle last night. Probably the best rival in the state. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I hear Cannon County is pretty good in your Region. I didn't know until a few days ago that Cheatham County was in Huntingdon's Region. I would think Cheatham, Huntingdon, Summertown and Loretto favorites to be in substate. Heard Loretto and Summertown with another big battle last night. Probably the best rival in the state. 

Pioneer it is one that it's hold on to your britches cause it's going to be a war.  Throw out the records and bring your lunch pale it's going to be a long day !  It was another wild game.  Loretto had a big lead, but here comes Summertown an they take the lead late.   Loretto then pulled it out at the end, but another wild one.

Just now, gogold said:

Pioneer it is one that it's hold on to your britches cause it's going to be a war.  Throw out the records and bring your lunch pale it's going to be a long day !  It was another wild game.  Loretto had a big lead, but here comes Summertown an they take the lead late.   Loretto then pulled it out at the end, but another wild one.