Way Too Early 23-24 AA top preseason teams

HawkGuy06

7 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Sorry @maddams nobody in AA was beating us last year! AA is loaded this year but last year we was different, I agree with 99.9 of the stuff that you post. But this the .1% that I disagree with! 

I agree with that Hawk. My comments about AAA is in no disrespect to any team. My take is AA as a whole is better than AAA this year and last year. Both Summertown and Loretto the last two years weren't at state but could have won the Gold Ball as well. But South Side may have been the best team overall in the state last year I agree.

On 2/14/2024 at 9:04 AM, UCSportsFan said:

Southside had a generational team last year. Probably only Bearden and Bradley Central would have had a chance to beat them and not sure of that. AAA is down this year but it will bounce back quickly. Back to AA. York has zero seniors to my knowledge that start. Which is pretty amazing 

That’s who I was going to say Bradley Central would have gave us all that wanted. Not saying we beat them but that’s the only team I seen playing with us last year. AAA is definitely down this year! AA is deep deep 

9 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

That’s who I was going to say Bradley Central would have gave us all that wanted. Not saying we beat them but that’s the only team I seen playing with us last year. AAA is definitely down this year! AA is deep deep 

AAA still has some good teams at the top, and AA is loaded but in the East it’s two teams Central and GP then a big gap between the others, and in one A I think we are starting to see the affects of 4 classifications. In the east one A is as bad as I can remember.

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

AAA still has some good teams at the top, and AA is loaded but in the East it’s two teams Central and GP then a big gap between the others, and in one A I think we are starting to see the affects of 4 classifications. In the east one A is as bad as I can remember.

Yea AAA is ok this year! Nothing like last year tho. This year in AAA you have in the top 5 that I have never ever have heard of before this year. In AA the entire top 5 can win the championship this year. I have watched a lot of basketball & it’s not often I will go against the division that we are in but I honestly know we are dwn this year. 

Well in A we all know it’s 2 teams just like the past 2-3 years…. Wayne Co & McKenzie! Which will be the A state championship again! Savannah Davis is like Pat mahomes… never beat against her is all that I will say! On paper just like last year Wayne Co is the favorite & we seen how that went! 

On 2/14/2024 at 11:30 AM, pioneer42 said:

I agree with that Hawk. My comments about AAA is in no disrespect to any team. My take is AA as a whole is better than AAA this year and last year. Both Summertown and Loretto the last two years weren't at state but could have won the Gold Ball as well. But South Side may have been the best team overall in the state last year I agree.

Oh yea @pioneer42 no disrespect taken. Yea AA have at an all time high! Especially this man 1-5 gots a great chance to win AA this year. It will be great just to make it after everyone wrote us off after graduating 3 seniors last year. Never know what happens when you get there! No one is the clear favorite in AAA! It’s super wide open, so look out for them defending champions! 

4 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Loretto & Summertown and Gibson County will disagree with that big gap statement! Huntington from West Tn if they can get passed Loretto & Summertown in substate they could make some noise! AA is loaded 1-5! They are by far the better class this year. Now far as the best overall team this I have to give them honors to Bradley Central(my opinion) 

27 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Oh yea @pioneer42 no disrespect taken. Yea AA have at an all time high! Especially this man 1-5 gots a great chance to win AA this year. It will be great just to make it after everyone wrote us off after graduating 3 seniors last year. Never know what happens when you get there! No one is the clear favorite in AAA! It’s super wide open, so look out for them defending champions! 

I told Coach Wilkins last night it is a blessing to get there and a double blessing to win it. Lots of battles in season to get good seeds and big time Tournament games to get there. Summertown had beat Loretto 3 times a couple of years ago and got hot at right time and beat them at state and won it. There are favorites but you really never know. Just got to get there. Underdog lots of times does well. 

56 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Loretto & Summertown and Gibson County will disagree with that big gap statement! Huntington from West Tn if they can get passed Loretto & Summertown in substate they could make some noise! AA is loaded 1-5! They are by far the better class this year. Now far as the best overall team this I have to give them honors to Bradley Central(my opinion) 

Think you misread his statement.  He said “the East it’s two teams Central and GP then a big gap between the others”. Nothing about the West or Middle TN and he wouldn’t be wrong saying there is a big gap between Central and GP and everyone else in the East.

3 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea AAA is ok this year! Nothing like last year tho. This year in AAA you have in the top 5 that I have never ever have heard of before this year. In AA the entire top 5 can win the championship this year. I have watched a lot of basketball & it’s not often I will go against the division that we are in but I honestly know we are dwn this year. 

Well in A we all know it’s 2 teams just like the past 2-3 years…. Wayne Co & McKenzie! Which will be the A state championship again! Savannah Davis is like Pat mahomes… never beat against her is all that I will say! On paper just like last year Wayne Co is the favorite & we seen how that went! 

Only two of Wayne's Co., Richland, Moore Co and McKenzie can make it to state.  Wayne Co is the favorite and the other 3 are good but not great.  McKenzie does have the best player in The state in 1A and that can take you a ways but the supporting cast will have to step up for them to make it.  Moore Co is very capable of beating any of these teams.

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

I'm going with Pickett County this year.  Pickett and Wayne are the 2 best 1a teams imo.  

Wouldn't suprise me King. Probably a safe bet to say one of Mckenzie, Wayne County and Pickett County. But I wouldn't count out Moore County and Richland either to throw a wrench in the party. Richland has beaten Loretto and Moore County is tough as well.