Way Too Early 23-24 AA top preseason teams

HawkGuy06

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Big time games played in the UC tonight.  GP takes down York in OT.   And McMinn Central takes down Cookeville with a BIG TIME shot with 0:03 on the clock in OT.   Great basketball games being played to open the season.  

Yeah I seen them both on the scoreboard. Bet they were a lot of fun. Going to be a fun season. 

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Good win for Peabody tonight over South Gibson. They are going to be a handful for Gibson County and Westview and whoever plays them. South Gibson will be a handful too. Keep your head up South Gibson. It is early. Learn from a loss like this. Not the end of the world. I do think West TN will have a lot of parity this year. Dyersburg is pretty dominant but after that I do think there are several teams that anybody can beat anybody on a given night. 

I love it! We played a tough Middleton team that have improved drastically! It’s basketball season & I love it! 

12 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Big time games played in the UC tonight.  GP takes down York in OT.   And McMinn Central takes down Cookeville with a BIG TIME shot with 0:03 on the clock in OT.   Great basketball games being played to open the season.  

I love to see teams that don't dodge good competition!!

Beating cupcakes helps NOONE!!!

Tough competition ALWAYS pays off in M-boro!

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 10:08 PM, THE KING said:

South Greene lost a lot I think.  Hampton may win that district but no where near the level of GP or central 

Before last night I would have agreed with you. South Greene is deeper than usual. They are extremely quick on defense. A bit undersized, they rebounded well against Lakeway Academy and Tennessee High. I don't know if they've ever beaten Lakeway in the last few years. Tennessee High was bigger inside against SG last night, but, as they did against Lakeway, SG held double digit leads in the early going and maintained them until the end of the games. Very encouraging, yet still a long way to go.

7 hours ago, Americal198 said:

Before last night I would have agreed with you. South Greene is deeper than usual. They are extremely quick on defense. A bit undersized, they rebounded well against Lakeway Academy and Tennessee High. I don't know if they've ever beaten Lakeway in the last few years. Tennessee High was bigger inside against SG last night, but, as they did against Lakeway, SG held double digit leads in the early going and maintained them until the end of the games. Very encouraging, yet still a long way to go.

Will be an interesting matchup for us Friday night.  We have all of our injured girls back.  We scrimmaged Pickett County and Seymour this past weekend and was competitive in both.  I think the sg matchup will be exciting to watch as the lady landers also have quickness 

7 hours ago, THE KING said:

Will be an interesting matchup for us Friday night.  We have all of our injured girls back.  We scrimmaged Pickett County and Seymour this past weekend and was competitive in both.  I think the sg matchup will be exciting to watch as the lady landers also have quickness 

Cloudland is never an easy game for South Greene. SG plays well at home, though. Good luck to your girls. I wish I could make the game, but there'll be plenty more this season.

On 11/14/2023 at 7:46 PM, pioneer42 said:

Good win for Peabody tonight over South Gibson. They are going to be a handful for Gibson County and Westview and whoever plays them. South Gibson will be a handful too. Keep your head up South Gibson. It is early. Learn from a loss like this. Not the end of the world. I do think West TN will have a lot of parity this year. Dyersburg is pretty dominant but after that I do think there are several teams that anybody can beat anybody on a given night. 

Peabody by 15... wow. Did South Gibson graduate a bunch?  I thought they only graduated 2.

35 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Peabody by 15... wow. Did South Gibson graduate a bunch?  I thought they only graduated 2.

They lost Baggett, Seales and the other guard that was real scrappy that played good defense and just a good role player I am pretty sure. They lost the tall post this summer to a knee injury that I think may be back in February. Not 100% on her health though. So that is four off of last years team. They have Allen, Dunn, Ceinceola, Lewis and the girl that got hurt's sister playing post I think that skipped last year but is a quality player but just needs some experience. Now I hadn't seen them play. I also heard on radio that Lewis got hurt, an eye injury, against Peabody but came back Tuesday Night. Peabody is a pretty solid team. I think they will give Westview and Gibson County both dogfights. 

McMinn Central vs. Cookville ended up being a good one.  Central was the better team, but struggled putting the ball in the hole, with the exception of Mo. Masingale.  Freshman Masingale hit 2 big 3's in third qtr.  Everytime Central would extend the lead, Cookville would hit big shots.  Cookville D is in your face.  Central D was real good too.  

9 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

McMinn Central vs. Cookville ended up being a good one.  Central was the better team, but struggled putting the ball in the hole, with the exception of Mo. Masingale.  Freshman Masingale hit 2 big 3's in third qtr.  Everytime Central would extend the lead, Cookville would hit big shots.  Cookville D is in your face.  Central D was real good too.  

It was a very good game.  Other than Garcia and Masingale it was a defensive battle for 5 periods.  McMinn and Masingale deserved that ending.  Great player and a great shot.  Lady Cavs had a lot of question marks after graduating their best two players last year but they clearly showed they can play with anyone.  Good luck this season.  Fun team to watch. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, THE KING said:

Giving you a heads up, which you may already know. The tourney originally had planned to be at South Greene tomorrow (Friday.) A schedule change had the three teams playing tonight. There was a breakdown in communication somewhere. I was looking forward to seeing Cloudland come to town, as were several Cosby fans whom I talked with. They were pretty disappointed being unable to play a 1A team in their region in order to see how they measured up. The Cosby fans said they had been notified a couple of days ago. I hate it for your Cloudland players missing out on playing two games.