Way Too Early 23-24 AA top preseason teams

HawkGuy06

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I really think McMinn Central and Gatlinburg Pittman returned mostly their whole team so it would be hard to not have them ranked real high. Gibson County, Westview, Peabody, Loretto, East Nashville, York, Summertown all good teams so you never know. We hope all stay healthy which we know that plays a big factor. I do think McMinn and GP were really good last year and have almost all back. 

For Summertowns it’s get healthy 

4 hours ago, logcabinman said:

I am a McMinn Central guy, and they are GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!  They have gained a freshman, that will contribute and make them better.  I honestly feel they are better than I have ever seen them!!!!

Yeah I have heard about her. Y'all have been good a long while. Johnny has done a great job there. How is Alcoa this year?? Any other teams that can challenge you and Gatlinburg Pittman?? South Green?? Meigs??

15 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah I have heard about her. Y'all have been good a long while. Johnny has done a great job there. How is Alcoa this year?? Any other teams that can challenge you and Gatlinburg Pittman?? South Green?? Meigs??

Honestly, I don't see anyone that can stay with us in the east.  Bradley and McMinn Central will be a great game.

18 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Meigs will probably be a little down this year, but they should finish second or third in the district with Kingston. And I don’t see anyone challenging Central in the east.

5 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Meigs will probably be a little down this year, but they should finish second or third in the district with Kingston. And I don’t see anyone challenging Central in the east.

Yeah I have heard about the Freshman. Is it Masengale's sister?? May be wrong. I didn't know if there was a team that could challenge Central or Pittman even in the sub-state. I know Central and Pittman both are good for sure. Ought to be a fun year for all. I know Johnny from way back staying at the same hotel in 2009. Good coach and a good program for sure. Good luck to y'all.

On 11/9/2023 at 3:56 PM, pioneer42 said:

Yeah I have heard about the Freshman. Is it Masengale's sister?? May be wrong. I didn't know if there was a team that could challenge Central or Pittman even in the sub-state. I know Central and Pittman both are good for sure. Ought to be a fun year for all. I know Johnny from way back staying at the same hotel in 2009. Good coach and a good program for sure. Good luck to y'all.

Did you make it to Gibson Co vs Huntingdon scrimmage today?

3 hours ago, 1983 said:

Did you make it to Gibson Co vs Huntingdon scrimmage today?

Yes I did. Huntingdon played better than Gibson County. I don't know what the score was. They played 6 10 minute quarters and after every quarter they set the score to 0-0. Gibson County's roster numbers have caught up with them a little. We had 5 girls playing soccer and volleyball up until 1st of November and we are just not clicking right now. Our best defensive player and role player hasn't scrimmaged yet so we are trying to work the kinks out. We played really good this summer so I know we will play better. But we aren't clicking right now. Huntingdon is a very good team and I expect them to be a tough out. I did see some nice things from Gibson County today though. As the scrimmage went on, our girls shot the three better. 

On 11/8/2023 at 4:48 PM, pioneer42 said:

South Greene lost a lot I think.  Hampton may win that district but no where near the level of GP or central 

Good win for Peabody tonight over South Gibson. They are going to be a handful for Gibson County and Westview and whoever plays them. South Gibson will be a handful too. Keep your head up South Gibson. It is early. Learn from a loss like this. Not the end of the world. I do think West TN will have a lot of parity this year. Dyersburg is pretty dominant but after that I do think there are several teams that anybody can beat anybody on a given night.