Way Too Early 23-24 AA top preseason teams

HawkGuy06

On 3/20/2023 at 5:25 PM, maddams said:

I think McMinn, Gibson Co and Gatlinburg are probably top 3 going into the season. 

Gibson will miss Cantrell but has some young kids ready for bigger roles.

McMinn brings everybody back.

Gatlinburg brings almost everybody back. 

Westview will be good, especially by February.

Loretto and Summertown will be good not great. Probably same for Huntingdon.

Alcoa graduates a lot.

York graduates some important pieces but Beatty still there keeps them in the conversation

Alcoa will still be good.  I feel bad for hampton going to 2a.  They won't make it out of the region.  If they could've stayed in 1a,  they would be at state again.  

On 7/23/2023 at 7:35 AM, THE KING said:

Alcoa will still be good.  I feel bad for hampton going to 2a.  They won't make it out of the region.  If they could've stayed in 1a,  they would be at state again.  

You might want to check on Alcoa. I think they are moving up to 3A. I don't know how many Hampton girls graduated but have a hunch they will be competitive and rough (like they always have been.)  :)

Edited by Americal198

8 hours ago, Americal198 said:

You might want to check on Alcoa. I think they are moving up to 3A. I don't know how many Hampton girls graduated but have a hunch they will be competitive and rough (like they always have been.)  :)

Yeah, they will still be good with piper, Macy, and Taylor. They will have a couple new faces in Hicks and Smith.  Both are good guards who can shoot the 3.

On 7/30/2023 at 10:23 AM, Americal198 said:

I believe Alcoa is still 2A

6 hours ago, maddams said:

I believe Alcoa is still 2A

The only thing I could find on the Internet is Coach T, which does have Alcoa remaining in 2A. However, I'm not too sure how up to date this is. Rumor Central (a parent from Alcoa) had them moving up to 3A, that enrollment was one student shy from being 3A last season. I could be wrong, but that wouldn't be the first time. 

On 7/28/2023 at 9:54 AM, SgtBarnes said:

I hear Smith Co got a big time transfer coming in. Suppose to put them in contention if anyone has heard anything about it.

I don’t think one transfer will have that much of an impact to a team that wasn’t even .500 last season… but to each their own I guess. 

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

West - Middle - East who you got / may be more wide open this year for Boro & Gold Ball 

I really think McMinn Central and Gatlinburg Pittman returned mostly their whole team so it would be hard to not have them ranked real high. Gibson County, Westview, Peabody, Loretto, East Nashville, York, Summertown all good teams so you never know. We hope all stay healthy which we know that plays a big factor. I do think McMinn and GP were really good last year and have almost all back. 

• Like 1